Yelena Nersesyan is an associate in Weil’s Real Estate practice and is based in New York. Ms. Nersesyan participates in advising on joint ventures, acquisition, disposition, financing and refinancing of commercial real estate properties, including hotels, retail properties, office buildings and multi-family properties throughout the United States.
Ms. Nersesyan has played a significant role on the teams advising:
- American Securities in its pending $1.37 billion take-private of Foundation Building Materials
- Aterian Investment Partners in its acquisition of Hain Pure Protein (n/k/a Poultry Holdings LLC)
- Aterian Investment Partners and its portfolio company, Vander-Bend Manufacturing, Inc., in Vander-Bend’s acquisition of J.L. Haley Enterprises, Inc.
- Cardtronics plc in its pending $2.3 billion take-private by Apollo Global Management and Hudson Executive Capital
- Culligan International Company (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its $1.1 billion take-private acquisition of AquaVenture Holdings Limited
- EP Energy Corporation in a $629 million reserve-based revolving facility to finance business operations upon emerging from its chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- Fortress Investment Group in numerous financing transactions
- MGM Resorts International (MGM Resorts) in its $4.25 billion sale of the Bellagio to a joint venture MGM Resorts formed with Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust and its leaseback of the Bellagio and its the related $3 billion CMBS financing to support the acquisition by the joint venture
- Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse in committed bridge financing to support the pending merger of International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. with the Nutrition & Biosciences Business of DuPont, in a deal that values the combined company at $45 billion on an enterprise value basis
- L’Oréal USA in its acquisition of Thayers Natural Remedies
- Providence Equity Partners in its growth equity investment in TAIT, LLC (f/k/a TAIT Towers Inc.)
- A large private equity firm in a multi-million dollar investment in California
- A prominent NYC investor in the sale of a multi-million dollar multi-family property portfolio
- A major financial institution in committed senior unsecured bridge financing to support the $4 billion acquisition by Hasbro, Inc. of Entertainment One Ltd.
Ms. Nersesyan was recognized as a 2019 “Rising Star” by The Armenian Bar Association, was named a “Rising Star” in Real Estate by Super Lawyers 2018 – 2020 and was listed as a 2017 “Leading Lady” in Real Estate by The Mann Charitable Foundation. She serves on the Board of Young Mortgage Bankers Association and Armenian Bar Association.
Ms. Nersesyan is active in pro bono matters, including recently advising a local synagogue in its acquisition of real estate in Long Island, New York.
Ms. Nersesyan is fluent in Russian and Armenian.
Ms. Nersesyan received her J.D. from Armenian Open University and her LL.M, Banking, Corporate and Finance Law from Fordham University School of Law.