Yelena Nersesyan is an associate in Weil’s Real Estate practice and is based in New York. Ms. Nersesyan participates in advising on joint ventures, acquisition, disposition, financing and refinancing of commercial real estate properties, including hotels, retail properties, office buildings and multi-family properties throughout the United States.
Ms. Nersesyan has played a significant role on the teams advising:
- Aterian Investment Partners in its acquisition of Hain Pure Protein (n/k/a Poultry Holdings LLC)
- Aterian Investment Partners and its portfolio company, Vander-Bend Manufacturing, Inc., in Vander-Bend’s acquisition of J.L. Haley Enterprises, Inc.
- Fortress Investment Group in numerous financing transactions
- Providence Equity Partners in its growth equity investment in TAIT, LLC (f/k/a TAIT Towers Inc.)
- A large private equity firm in a multi-million dollar investment in California
- A prominent NYC investor in the sale of a multi-million dollar multi-family property portfolio
- A major financial institution in committed senior unsecured bridge financing to support the $4 billion pending acquisition by Hasbro, Inc. of Entertainment One Ltd.
Ms. Nersesyan was recognized as a “Rising Star” in Real Estate by Super Lawyers in 2018 and listed as a 2017 “Leading Lady” in Real Estate by The Mann Charitable Foundation. She serves on the Board of Young Mortgage Bankers Association and Armenian Bar Association.
Ms. Nersesyan is active in pro bono matters, including recently advising a local synagogue in its acquisition of real estate in Long Island, New York.
Ms. Nersesyan is fluent in Russian and Armenian.
Ms. Nersesyan received her J.D. from Armenian Open University and her LL.M, Banking, Corporate and Finance Law from Fordham University School of Law.