Yelena is a natural team builder and is passionate about mentorship. She actively mentors attorneys in the legal industry and enjoys making introductions and connecting people in social as well as business settings. She is also very active in the Firm’s pro bono efforts and has handled numerous immigration, corporate and real estate matters.
Yelena serves on the Boards of Young Mortgage Bankers Association and the Armenian Bar Association and is a member of the Central Park Conservancy Women’s Committee. She has also been appointed by the New York State Bar Association as a Member of the Committee on Law, Youth and Citizenship.
Yelena was recognized as a 2019 “Rising Star” by The Armenian Bar Association, named a “Rising Star” in Real Estate by Super Lawyers 2018 – 2020 and listed as a 2017 “Leading Lady” in Real Estate by The Mann Charitable Foundation.
Yelena has played a significant role on the teams advising:
- American Securities in its $1.37 billion take-private of Foundation Building Materials; its acquisitions of Conair Corporation and LaserShip, Inc.; and its $1.575 billion sale of Henry Company LLC
- Aterian Investment Partners in its acquisition of Hain Pure Protein (n/k/a Poultry Holdings LLC)
- Chevron U.S.A. Inc. in its joint venture with Mercuria Energy Trading Inc. to acquire and operate American Natural Gas LLC
- Fortress Investment Group in numerous real estate financing transactions
- GS Acquisition Holdings Corp II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of Goldman Sachs, in its $2.6 billion business combination with Mirion Technologies, Inc. (at the time, a portfolio company of Charterhouse Capital Partners)
- Hayfin Capital Management in its acquisition through a credit bid of substantially all the assets of Avadim Health, Inc., via a 363 asset sale in a chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding
- KSL Capital Partners in a minority investment in Honors Holdings, a franchisee of Orangetheory® Fitness
- MGM Resorts International (MGM Resorts) in its $4.25 billion sale of the Bellagio to a joint venture MGM Resorts formed with Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust and its leaseback of the Bellagio and the related $3 billion CMBS financing to support the acquisition by the joint venture
- Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse in $7.5 billion committed bridge financing to support the merger of International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. with the Nutrition & Biosciences Business of DuPont, in a deal that values the combined company at $45 billion on an enterprise value basis
- L’Oréal USA in its acquisition of Thayers Natural Remedies
- A large private equity firm in a multi-million dollar real estate investment in California
- A prominent NYC investor in the sale of a multi-million dollar multi-family property portfolio
- A major financial institution in committed senior unsecured bridge financing to support the $4 billion acquisition by Hasbro, Inc. of Entertainment One Ltd.
Yelena received her J.D. from Armenian Open University and her LL.M. in Banking, Corporate and Finance Law from Fordham University School of Law.