William Looney is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in Boston. William participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
William has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International and its portfolio company QW Holding Corp. (Quala) in Quala’s acquisition of PSC
- American Securities in its acquisition of The Fulham Group LLC
- Blackstone in its acquisition of a majority stake in New Tradition Media
- Government Brands Holdings, LLC (at the time, an indirect portfolio company of PSG and Greater Sum Ventures) in a recapitalization by PSG and TPG Tech Adjacencies, with Greater Sum Ventures exiting
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Tenstreet, LLC and Blackboard Inc. in its sale to Anthology (a portfolio company of Veritas Capital and Leeds Equity Partners)
- PSG in its acquisitions of SchoolStatus LLC and a majority stake in Singlewire Software, LLC
- TCV, as a participant, in a $425 million investment in Brex Inc.
- TruArc Partners (f/k/a Snow Phipps Group) and its portfolio company Brook & Whittle Limited (B&W) in the sale of B&W to Genstar Capital
William received his J.D., cum laude, from Boston University School of Law and his A.B. from Harvard University.