Wei Xu is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in Dallas. Mr. Xu participates in the representation of public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Xu has been part of the teams advising:
- Basic Energy Services, Inc. in its acquisition of C&J Well Services, in a transaction funded in large part by senior secured notes contributed by Ascribe Capital in exchange for a majority stake in Basic Energy
- Culligan International Company (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its $1.1 billion take-private acquisition of AquaVenture Holdings Limited and in its sale of Seven Seas Water Corporation
- Gores Holdings IV, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its $16.1 billion business combination with United Wholesale Mortgage, LLC (UWM)
- Gores Holdings VI, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $2.9 billion business combination with Matterport, Inc.
- Gores Metropoulos, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of The Gores Group and Metropoulos & Co., in its $3.4 billion merger with Luminar Technologies, Inc.
- RealPage, Inc. in its $580 million acquisition of Buildium LLC
- TPG Global, in the acquisition by TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global, of the stock of Accel Entertainment, Inc., with the resulting entity having an initial enterprise value of approximately $884 million
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Felix Energy
Mr. Xu received his J.D. from Northwestern School of Law and his B.A. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.