Vishal Phalgoo is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Mr. Phalgoo participates in advising private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a range of transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions and financings.
Mr. Phalgoo has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its acquisition of NAPA Management Services Corporation.
- F.A.B. Partners LP in its $333 million take-private of CIFC LLC.
- Perella Weinberg Partners in its combination with Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board, as part of a global investor group, in the acquisition of ownership stakes in AlixPartners and in its acquisition with Lightyear Capital of AIG Advisor Group Inc.
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisition of Kele, Inc.
- THL Partners in its sale of its majority stake in 1-800 CONTACTS, Inc.
- Vertical / Trigen Holdings, LLC (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners) in its combination with Osmotica Holdings Corp Limited.
Mr. Phalgoo received his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he was the Senior Production Editor of the Virginia Law & Business Review and also served on the Virginia Tax Review, and his B.A., summa cum laude, from Siena College where he was awarded the Mathematics Award for having the highest GPA for mathematics majors in his graduating class.