Vernell Moreland is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Moreland participates in the representation of public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Moreland has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its $2.5 billion take-private acquisition of Air Methods Corporation and its $1.6 billion sale of Royal Adhesives & Sealants, LLC
- Atos S.E. in its $3.57 billion acquisition of Syntel, Inc.
- Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Avista Capital Holdings, in its proposed $924 million merger with Envigo International Holdings, Inc.
- Campbell Soup Company in its $6.1 billion acquisition of Snyder’s-Lance, Inc.
- Heartland Dental Care, LLC in the sale, by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and other existing shareholders, of a majority stake in Heartland to KKR & Co., with Ontario Teachers' retaining a sizeable ownership stake
- Metaldyne Performance Group Inc. (a portfolio company of American Securities) in its $3.3 billion sale to American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc.
- Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. in its $14.6 billion merger with Discovery Communications, Inc.
Mr. Moreland received his J.D. and M.B.A. from Howard University Law and his B.A., cum laude, from DePaul University.