Vaishali Mahna is an associate in Weil’s Banking & Finance practice and is based in New York. Her practice focuses on advising borrowers, leading private equity sponsors, banks and other financial institutions in a variety of financing transactions, including first and second lien credit facilities, asset-based loans, middle market and large cap financings, direct and syndicated lending, and cross-border and domestic acquisition financings.
Ms. Mahna has been part of the teams advising:
- Citi, as administrative agent, and Citi and another financial institution, as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners, in $21.8 billion bridge and term loan facilities and a $5 billion revolving working capital facility to support the $55 billion acquisition by Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation.
- Dex Media, Inc. (n/k/a Thryv) (a portfolio company of Mudrick Capital Management and Paulson & Co.) in an $825 million secured term facility to refinance and prepay existing indebtedness.
- Goldman Sachs, as agent, in $9 billion bridge and term loan facilities to support the $10.9 billion acquisition by Conagra Brands, Inc. of Pinnacle Foods Inc.
- Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, as joint lead arrangers, joint bookrunners, and agents, in a $5 billion bridge financing commitment to support the $6 billion merger of CenterPoint Energy, Inc. and Vectren Corporation.
- JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs and another major financial institution, as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners, in a senior unsecured bridge facility to support the $23.1 billion merger of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. (a portfolio company of JAB Holding Company) and Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc.
- A major financial institution, as administrative agent, in an amended, secured incremental term facility to finance the acquisition by Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. (a subsidiary of JAB Beech Inc.) of Insomnia Cookies, LLC.
- the administrative agent and collateral agent in senior secured facilities to finance Permira’s acquisition of Axiom Global, Inc.
Ms. Mahna also counsels pro bono clients on a range of commercial and non-profit issues, including the Innocence Project and advising not-for-profit corporations on governance matters.
Ms. Mahna received her J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, and her M.B.A. from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania in 2017. Before graduate school, she worked as a strategy and operations consultant for a global consulting firm. She received her B.A. in Political Science from the College of Arts and Sciences, and her B.S. in Business Administration from the Fisher College of Business at the Ohio State University in 2012.