Tyler Fredricks is an associate in Weil’s Technology & IP Transactions practice and a member of the Firm’s Privacy & Cybersecurity group. Tyler is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) who participates in the representation of clients regarding privacy and data security issues in the context of corporate transactions and advises clients regarding compliance with data privacy laws and regulations affecting various industries, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Tyler has been part of the teams advising on the technology and the intellectual property aspects, as well as on the data privacy and cybersecurity aspects of the following matters:
- Advent Global Technology, as lead investor, in a $160 million investment in Zenoti, resulting in a post-investment basis valuation for Zenoti of over $1 billion
- Advent International in its approximately $1.5 billion acquisition of Encora Digital Inc.
- American Securities in its acquisitions of Conair Corporation and certain assets and liabilities related to the engineering, procurement and construction division of Swinerton Builders and Swinerton Renewable Energy (collectively n/k/a SOLV Energy LLC); its $1.575 billion sale of Henry Company LLC; and Emerald Kalama Chemical, LLC in its $1.1 billion sale to LANXESS AG
- American Securities in its acquisition of Conair Corporation; its pending $1.575 billion sale of Henry Company LLC; and Emerald Kalama Chemical, LLC in its $1.1 billion sale to LANXESS AG
- Apollo Infrastructure in its acquisition of Lendlease (US) Telecom Holdings LLC (n/k/a Parallel Infrastructure)
- Aquiline Capital Partners in its acquisition of Ontellus
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of CrossFit, Inc.
- Boston Logic Technology Partners, Inc. (a portfolio company of PSG) in its acquisition of Cross Media, LLC
- Blackstone in its acquisition, alongside Francisco Partners, of Dynamo Software Ltd. and its acquisition of Sustana Group
- Charlesbank Capital Partners, together with Robert Long and Blair Ramey of Sanofi’s North American Consumer Healthcare division, in the formation of Bridges Consumer Healthcare LLC and Bridges' acquisition of the North American rights to ThermaCare® HeatWraps
- Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp. II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of Trasimene Capital Management, LLC and led by William P. Foley II, in a $9 billion business combination with Paysafe Limited
- Froneri International Limited (a joint venture between Nestlé and PAI Partners) in its $4 billion acquisition of Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Holdings, Inc.
- MGM Resorts International in its pending $1.625 billion acquisition of the operations of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- MGM Resorts International in its pending $1.075 billion sale of the operations of The Mirage Hotel & Casino on the Las Vegas Strip to Hard Rock International
- Micron Technology, Inc. in the sale of its Lehi, UT fab for $900 million in cash
- Montagu Private Equity in its $490 million acquisition of the original equipment manufacturing (OEM) and tissue processing businesses of RTI Surgical, Inc.
- Olde Thompson LLC (a portfolio company of Kainos Capital) in its acquisition of Gel Spice Company Inc.
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of a minority stake in Seesaw Learning, Inc.
- PSG in its acquisitions of mPulse Mobile, Inc. and a majority stake in Dental Intelligence, Inc.; as lead investor, in a $100 million investment in Introhive, Inc.; mPulse Mobile, Inc. in its acquisition of HealthCrowd; and ShootProof, LLC in its acquisition of Collage.com, Inc.
- Sanofi in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Synthorx, Inc.
- SiriusXM in its acquisition of Simplecast
- SumUp Payments Limited in its $317 million acquisition of Fivestars, Inc.
- Thompson Street Capital Partners in its growth investment in Green Mountain Technology, LLC
- TruArc Partners (f/k/a Snow Phipps Group) and its portfolio company Brook & Whittle Limited (B&W) its acquisition of Label Impressions, Inc. and the sale of B&W to Genstar Capital
- Vonage Holdings Corp. in its pending $6.2 billion sale to Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- Willis Towers Watson PLC in its proposed $80 billion combination with Aon PLC
Tyler received his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Virginia Journal of Law and Technology and participated in the school’s Entrepreneurial Law Clinic, and his B.A. and B.S. from Duke University.