Tyler Fredricks is an associate in Weil’s Technology & IP Transactions practice and the Firm’s Cybersecurity, Data Privacy & Information Management group. Mr. Fredricks is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) who participates in the representation of clients regarding privacy and data security issues in the context of corporate transactions and advises clients regarding compliance with data privacy laws and regulations affecting various industries, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Mr. Fredricks has been part of the teams advising on the technology and the intellectual property aspects, as well as on the data privacy and cybersecurity aspects of the following matters:
- Apollo Global Management in its acquisition of Lendlease Telecom Holdings LLC
- Aquiline Capital Partners in its acquisition of Ontellus
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of CrossFit, Inc.
- Brook & Whittle Limited (a portfolio company of Snow Phipps Group) in its acquisition of Label Impressions, Inc.
- Froneri International Limited (a joint venture between Nestlé and PAI Partners) in its $4 billion acquisition of Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Holdings, Inc.
- Montagu Private Equity in its $490 million acquisition of the original equipment manufacturing (OEM) and tissue processing businesses of RTI Surgical, Inc.
- Olde Thompson LLC (a portfolio company of Kainos Capital) in its acquisition of Gel Spice Company Inc.
- Sanofi in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Synthorx, Inc.
- SiriusXM in its acquisition of Simplecast
- Thompson Street Capital Partners in its growth investment in Green Mountain Technology, LLC
- Willis Towers Watson PLC in its pending $80 billion combination with Aon PLC
Mr. Fredricks received his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Virginia Journal of Law and Technology and participated in the school’s Entrepreneurial Law Clinic, and his B.A. and B.S. from Duke University.