Tyler Fredricks is an associate in Weil’s Technology & IP Transactions practice and a member of the Firm’s Privacy & Cybersecurity group. Mr. Fredricks is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) who participates in the representation of clients regarding privacy and data security issues in the context of corporate transactions and advises clients regarding compliance with data privacy laws and regulations affecting various industries, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Mr. Fredricks has been part of the teams advising on the technology and the intellectual property aspects, as well as on the data privacy and cybersecurity aspects of the following matters:
- Advent International, as lead investor, in a $160 million Series D funding round for Zenoti, resulting in a post-investment basis valuation for Zenoti of over $1 billion
- American Securities and its portfolio company Emerald Kalama Chemical, LLC in Emerald's pending $1.1 billion sale to LANXESS AG
- Apollo Infrastructure in its acquisition of Lendlease (US) Telecom Holdings LLC (n/k/a Parallel Infrastructure)
- Aquiline Capital Partners in its acquisition of Ontellus
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of CrossFit, Inc.
- Boston Logic Technology Partners, Inc. (a portfolio company of Providence Strategic Growth Partners) in its acquisition of Cross Media, LLC
- Brook & Whittle Limited (a portfolio company of Snow Phipps Group) in its acquisition of Label Impressions, Inc.
- Charlesbank Capital Partners, together with Robert Long and Blair Ramey of Sanofi’s North American Consumer Healthcare division, in the formation of Bridges Consumer Healthcare LLC and in Bridges' acquisition of the North American rights to ThermaCare® HeatWraps
- Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp. II, a SPAC sponsored by Trasimene Capital FT, LP II, in its pending $9 billion merger with Paysafe Group Holdings Limited
- Froneri International Limited (a joint venture between Nestlé and PAI Partners) in its $4 billion acquisition of Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Holdings, Inc.
- Montagu Private Equity in its $490 million acquisition of the original equipment manufacturing (OEM) and tissue processing businesses of RTI Surgical, Inc.
- Olde Thompson LLC (a portfolio company of Kainos Capital) in its acquisition of Gel Spice Company Inc.
- Sanofi in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Synthorx, Inc.
- SiriusXM in its acquisition of Simplecast
- Thompson Street Capital Partners in its growth investment in Green Mountain Technology, LLC
- Willis Towers Watson PLC in its pending $80 billion combination with Aon PLC
Mr. Fredricks received his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Virginia Journal of Law and Technology and participated in the school’s Entrepreneurial Law Clinic, and his B.A. and B.S. from Duke University.