Tom McKay is an associate, elected counsel effective January 1, 2019, in the Business Finance & Restructuring group in London. He has a broad range of experience and has acted on a number of well-known domestic and cross-border restructurings and insolvencies.
As part of a team, Tom has represented leading accounting firms and restructuring practices, distressed investors, senior and junior lenders, hedge funds and private equity firms on a variety of workouts and restructurings. Tom also has considerable experience of advising the boards of directors of companies in financial distress.
Tom’s representations include:
- the provisional liquidators of Abraaj Investment Management Limited
- Barclays Bank PLC on the restructuring of General Healthcare Group
- KKR Credit on the establishment of a Greek NPL platform
- the Lehman estate in chapter 11 in relation to UK and European issues
- the special administrators of MF Global UK Limited following the first ever filing under the Special Administration Regime
- various lenders on the restructuring of two Premier League football clubs
- the board of directors and administrators of Connaught plc and several subsidiaries
- a junior creditor in the multibank pan-European restructuring of the Actavis Group
- London Town Plc in its restructuring and subsequent administration
Tom has completed a secondment to the European Special Situations Group of Goldman Sachs in London and has written articles on restructuring topics.