Recent transactions include advising:
- Advent International in its majority investment in First Watch Restaurants, Inc.;
- AES Eastern Energy, L.P., an operator of six coal-fired power plants in New York, on a variety of environmental and regulatory concerns related to its filing for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and the subsequent sale of its generating assets;
- American Securities in its $2.5 billion take-private acquisition of Air Methods Corporation, its acquisition of Matthew Warren, Inc. (d/b/a MW Industries, Inc.), its $860 million sale of General Chemical Corporation to Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund, and its $1.6 billion sale of Royal Adhesives & Sealants, LLC;
- AMP Capital Investors in its acquisition of ITS Technologies & Logistics, LLC (d/b/a ITS ConGlobal);
- Aterian Investment Partners in its acquisitions of Stewart Tubular Products, Inc. and Vander-Bend Manufacturing, Inc.;
- Brookfield Renewable Power in connection with its acquisition of a 102-megawatt wind farm in Tehachapi, California;
- Dex Media, Inc. (n/k/a DexYP) (a portfolio company of Mudrick Capital Management and Paulson & Co.) in its acquisition of YP Holdings LLC;
- Genstar Capital in its sale of Tecomet Inc. to CharlesBank Equity Partners and HarbourVest Partners;
- Harsco Corporation in its approximately $525 million sale of its infrastructure division to a joint venture with Clayton, Dubilier & Rice;
- Kainos Capital in its sale of Trilliant Food and Nutrition, LLC;
- The Kroger Company in the $2.15 billion sale of its convenience store business unit to EG Group;
- McMoRan Exploration Company, an independent public company engaged in the exploration, development, and production of natural gas and oil in the Gulf of Mexico and onshore Gulf Coast area, in its $3.4 billion sale to international mining company Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold;
- ORIX USA Corporation (a subsidiary of ORIX Corporation) in its acquisition of Lancaster Pollard Holdings, LLC;
- Par Petroleum Corporation on regulatory and environmental matters in connection with its $400 million acquisition of Tesoro Hawaii LLC, an owner and operator of petroleum refining, retail, and distribution assets located in Hawaii;
- Primoris Services Corporation in its acquisition of Willbros Group, Inc.; and
- TexStar Midstream Services, a full-service midstream company, in its $325 million sale of a crude oil pipeline, gathering and storage assets, and natural gas liquids assets in South Texas to publicly traded NuStar Logistics.
Mr. Goslin also assists clients in identifying business opportunities and risks arising from proposed changes to federal and state legislation and regulation, including with respect to renewable energy development and greenhouse gas emissions. Mr. Goslin is a leader of Weil’s Climate Change practice group. He has published numerous articles and been interviewed by several publications concerning renewable energy development and the legal ramifications of climate change. In addition, Mr. Goslin serves as a Vice Chairman of the American Bar Association Renewable, Alternative, and Distributed Energy Resources Committee.
Mr. Goslin is ranked as a leading lawyer in District of Columbia for Environment: Mainly Transactional by Chambers USA, where clients describe him as “creative” in his approach, providing “spot-on legal advice” that is “thoughtful and careful.” He is also recommended for Environment: Transactional by Legal 500 US.