Thomas is counsel in the Private Equity team in London and specialises in advising on private equity and M&A transactions. Thomas advises leading private equity sponsors and infrastructure funds on both domestic and cross-border acquisitions, disposals and equity investments, in particular in the infrastructure sector. Thomas also has experience advising on joint ventures, management incentive arrangements, corporate restructurings and advisory work for private equity portfolio companies.
Prior to joining Weil, Thomas was a senior associate at another leading international law firm.
Selected experience includes:
- Macquarie Asset Management on its acquisition of Roadchef, a leading UK motorway service area operator, from Antin Infrastructure Partners
- Wren House on its acquisition of Voyage Care, a specialist social care provider in the UK, from Duke Street and Partners Group
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on its sale of Kellas Midstream, a North Sea midstream infrastructure business, to a consortium of GIC and Blackrock
- THI Investments on its acquisition of Oxford International Education, a UK accredited independent education provider, from Bowmark Capital
- THI Investments on its acquisition of WJ Group, the UK’s leading specialist road marking business
- THI Investments on its acquisition of Corndel, a digital and management skills training provider in the UK
- THI Investments on its acquisition of RE Panels SA, a European manufacturer of sandwich door panels, from the Riverside Company
- InfraRed Capital Partners on the dual sale of its European and Asian Real Estate fund management businesses to ARA Asset Management and BentallGreenOak (respectively)
- Ardian on the sale of 49% of London Luton Airport to AMP Capital*
- 3i Group on its 65% sale of Scandlines, a Danish ferry operator, to First State and Hermes*
- GIP on its US$5 billion acquisition of Equis Energy, a Singaporean based renewable energy company with power assets across Asia*
- OTPP and USS on their acquisition of the Westerleigh Group, a UK crematorium developer and operator, from Antin Infrastructure Partners*
- 3i Infrastructure on its acquisition of the Infinis Group, a UK landfill gas generator, from Terra Firma*
- Iberdrola on its sale of Scottish Power’s portfolio of pumped storage, hydro and gas-fired generation assets, to Drax Group*
- Partners Group on its simultaneous acquisitions and combination of Ammeraal Beltech and Megadyne Group, forming the Ammega Group*
- Cinven and CVC on their acquisition of the NewDay Group, a consumer finance provider specialising in the UK credit card market*
- Partners Group on its acquisition of Civica, a specialist IT system and outsourcing services company, from OMERS*
- Permira on its acquisition of a stake in Swedish fintech company Klarna*
* Matter handled prior to joining Weil.