Tara is qualified in Hong Kong and in New South Wales, Australia.
Prior to joining Weil, Tara worked at leading international law firms in Hong Kong and Singapore and also practiced in Sydney, Australia. Tara previously clerked for the Honorable Justice L.G. Foster of the Federal Court of Australia.
Tara’s recent representations include*:
- Advising Senior Secured Noteholders, and Receivers and Managers, in relation to security enforcement to recover outstanding debt in respect of HK$6.8 billion senior secured notes issued by a subsidiary of Hong Kong-listed Goldin Financial Holdings Limited.
- Acted for the Cayman Islands court appointed Joint Official Liquidators in relation to the winding up of LDK Solar Co. Limited.
- Advising a substantial shareholder in relation to the restructure of an ASX listed media operation.
- Advising a consortium led by a HK based investment fund in relation to the restructure of an ASX listed transportation company.
- Drafting policy and legislation for a new insolvency regime for the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, under instruction of the Asian Development Bank.
- Advising a leading oil major in connection with the restructuring of a refinery and petrochemical project in Southeast Asia.
- Advising an international bank on the restructuring of its significant debt exposure to a leading integrated hard coking coal mining company operating in Indonesia.
- Advising an international bank on the restructuring of a sugar refining company operating in Vietnam.
- Advising a leading global resources company on its exposure arising out of coal supply agreements to Europe's largest steel plant by output capacity.
- Advising an international bank on the restructuring of loan facilities granted to one of India's leading infrastructure development companies.
*Includes matters handled prior to joining Weil