Ms. Smith has been part of the teams advising:
- Genstar Capital in its sale of Pretium Packaging, LLC and in, together with TA Associates, the acquisition of Orion Advisor Solutions, following the merger of Orion and Brinker Capital
- Gores Holdings V, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $8.5 billion business combination with Ardagh Metal Packaging S.A.
- Silver Lake Sumeru in its sale of Velocity Technology Solutions, Inc.
- TCV, as lead investor, in a $550 million preferred stock financing round for Peloton Interactive Inc.
- TPG in its participation as a minority investor in a $200 million financing for Trumid
Ms. Smith earned her J.D., summa cum laude, from Duke University School of Law and her B.A. (Italian Studies), summa cum laude, from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
While in law school, Ms. Smith served as Membership Editor for the Duke Law Journal and Academic Chair for the Duke Bar Association. Ms. Smith received the following awards upon graduation: the Willis Smith Scholarship; the Outstanding Contribution to the Duke Law Community Award; and the Justin Miller Leadership Award.
Ms. Smith currently serves as a member of the Duke Law Alumni Association Board and the Duke Law Northern California Board.
Ms. Smith, a former Division I scholarship athlete and fitness instructor, enjoys running, rowing, tennis and golf.