Svenja Wachtel is counsel in the Litigation Department of the Munich office. Her practice concentrates on complex commercial litigation and arbitration with a particular focus on multi-jurisdictional legal actions. She counsels clients around the globe in contentious matters with an emphasis on U.S. related matters, preliminary legal protection (attachment and temporary restraining orders), litigation advice in M&A and Private Equity transactions as well as post-closing litigation. Her focus also includes compliance-related legal issues covering internal investigations as well as developing and implementing compliance programs. She is experienced in a variety of sectors including pharmaceutical, manufacturing, automotive, shipping and financial services.
She is involved in the firm's affinity group Women@Weil.
- Advising and representing an international pharmaceutical company in litigation proceedings in connection with the breach of duty of a service provider
- Advising and representing an international flag carrier in numerous litigation proceedings in several jurisdictions
- Advising and representing an international service delivery company in multi-jurisdictional arbitration in connection with the breach of duty of a service provider
- Advising the shareholder of German A.T.U Group on litigation related matters in the framework of the sale to French Mobivia Groupe.
- Advising a food company in a compliance-related issue and potential conflict of interest
- Advising shareholders in a compliance-issue relating to a board member