Mr. Ort has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International in its acquisition of ZingFit LLC; Culligan International Company in its $1.1 billion take-private acquisition of AquaVenture Holdings Limited and in its acquisition of OASIS Corporation; Transaction Services Group Limited in its acquisitions of TrueCoach, BrandBot LLC, Triib, Inc. and Mariana Tek Corporation; and Cobham Limited in its sale of Cobham Aviation Services UK
- American Securities in its sale of a majority stake in Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P.
- The Blackstone Group in the acquisition by Blackstone Tactical Opportunities of Concert Golf Partners
- CPP Investments in a consortium that also includes Hellman & Friedman, Blackstone and GIC, in the consortium's $11 billion take-private of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc.
- Cornell Capital Partners in its acquisition of Knowlton Development Corporation Inc. (KDC/ONE); KDC/ONE in its in its acquisitions of ALKOS Group, Zobele Holding S.p.A. and Benchmark Cosmetic Laboratories, Inc.; and in the business combination of KDC/ONE and HCT Holdings Limited
- Discovery Midstream Partners (the ownership vehicle for management) and other selling owners of Discovery DJ Services LLC, a joint venture of Old Ironsides Energy and Ward Energy Partners, in the sale of Discovery DJ Services to TPG Capital and rollover of a portion of management’s equity
- Francisco Partners in its acquisition of Dynamo Software Ltd. and certain other subsidiaries and assets of Dynamo Group. Ltd. and in Dynamo’s acquisition of Q-Biz Solutions, LLC
- General Electric Company in its $3.4 billion sale of GE Water to SUEZ
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division in its acquisition of Restaurant Technologies, Inc. and in its sale of Drayer Physical Therapy Institute, LLC to Upstream Rehabilitation Inc. with Goldman taking a minority stake in Upstream
- H&R Block, Inc. in its $405 million acquisition of Wave Financial Inc.
- The Kroger Company in the $2.15 billion sale of its convenience store business unit to EG Group and sale of its Turkey Hill business to Peak Rock Capital
- Magellan Health, Inc. in its acquisition of Veridicus Holdings, LLC
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. in its $21 billion sale to Analog Devices, Inc.
- ORIX Capital Partners in its acquisition of Peak Utility Services Group, Inc.
- Providence Equity Partners in, together with Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, the sale of Ascend Learning, LLC
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its investments in SignUpGenius, Inc. and Semarchy SAS; and sale of Property Brands and in its acquisition, together with Bluer Star Innovation Partners, of PatientNOW
- PSP Investments together with Searchlight Capital Partners, WaveDivision Capital, BcIMC, and CPP Investments, in the consortium's $1.4 billion acquisition of the Northwest operations and assets of Frontier Communications Corporation; in a $340 million funding round for Netskope, Inc.; in its participation in a $390 million Series D funding round for Grail, Inc.; in its participation in a $205 million SoftBank Vision Fund-led Series E funding round for Collective Health, Inc.; and, together with Lightyear Capital, in their sale of Advisor Group Inc.
- Sanofi in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Synthorx, Inc.
- SiriusXM in its acquisition of a minority stake in SoundCloud Ltd.
- SoftBank Vision Fund in its $2.25 billion minority investment in GM Cruise Holdings LLC (Cruise), alongside a $1.1 billion investment in Cruise by General Motors (GM) and in its $200 million follow-on minority investment in Cruise, as part of a further $1.2 billion investment in Cruise by GM and other institutional investors
- Susquehanna Growth Equity in its minority investment in Real Capital Analytics, Inc.
- TA Associates in its acquisition of Global Software and in Global Software’s acquisition of insightsoftware.com
- Willis Towers Watson PLC in its pending $80 billion combination with Aon PLC
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Ort was a corporate and tax associate at a New York-based law firm, and prior thereto, was an intern with the Office of the Attorney General of Texas – Tax Division and a judicial intern for The Hon. Lee Yeakel in the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas.
Mr. Ort received his J.D., with Honors, from The University of Texas School of Law, where he was an Associate Editor for The Review of Litigation, champion of the Thad T. Hutcheson Moot Court Competition, recipient of the Marvin Key Collie Endowed Presidential Scholarship in Tax Law and ranked in the Theodore Tannenwald Jr. Foundation for Excellence in Tax Scholarship. Mr. Ort received his M.S. in accounting and a graduate certificate in taxation from Seton Hall University, where he was a member of the Beta Gamma Sigma and Beta Alpha Psi honor societies and President of the Brooklyn Chapter of the Seton Hall University Accounting Club, and received his First Talmudic Degree, magna cum laude, from Yeshiva Gedola Ohr Yisrael.