Stephen Liebscher is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York.
Mr. Liebscher participates in the representation of public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Liebscher has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its $2.5 billion take-private acquisition of Air Methods Corporation
- Arca Continental, S. A. B. de C.V. in its acquisition, via a $2.7 billion joint venture with Coca-Cola Refreshments USA, Inc., of bottling operations in Texas and parts of Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arkansas
- athenahealth, Inc. in its $5.7 billion sale to Veritas Capital and Evergreen Coast Capital (an affiliate of Elliott Management Corporation) and planned combination with Virence Health
- Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corp. in its acquisition of Organogenesis Inc. and its proposed merger with Envigo International Holdings, Inc.
- Carlin America, Inc. in its $245 million sale to Round Hill Music, LLC
- Churchill Capital Corp III, a SPAC sponsored by Churchill Capital Group, in its $5.7 billion merger with MultiPlan, Inc. that has an enterprise value based on the transaction of approximately $11 billion
- CoStar Group, Inc. in its $190 million acquisition of Ten-X, LLC
- Eli Lilly and Company in its approximately $8 billion acquisition of Loxo Oncology, Inc. and $960 million acquisition of CoLucid Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Fairway Group Holdings Corporation, the parent company of Fairway Market, in its sales in a chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of five stores and its distribution center to Village Super Market, Inc., of three stores to Bogopa Enterprises (the owner of Food Bazaar), of one store to a Key Food Stores Cooperative Inc. member and of two real estate leases to Amazon Retail LLC
- Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp. II, a SPAC sponsored by Trasimene Capital FT, LP II, in its pending $9 billion merger with Paysafe Group Holdings Limited
- Magellan Health, Inc. in its acquisition of Veridicus Holdings, LLC
- Morgan Stanley, as financial advisor to WillScot Corporation, in WillScot's approximately $6.6 billion merger of equals with Mobile Mini, Inc.
- Nexeo Solutions, Inc. in its $2 billion sale to Univar Inc.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, as part of a consortium led by BC Partners and including Beamer Investment (GIC) and certain members of management of GFL Environmental Holdings Inc., in the consortium's approximately $5.1 billion acquisition of GFL and subsequently in GFL's $2.8 billion merger with Waste Industries, Inc.
- Sanofi in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Synthorx, Inc.
- Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC (a portfolio company of Brookfield Business Partners) in its acquisition of the North American Civil Nuclear Systems and Services Business from Rolls-Royce Holdings plc
- Whirlpool Corporation in its $1 billion modified Dutch auction tender offer for its common stock
Mr. Liebscher received his J.D., cum laude, from Northwestern University School of Law and his B.A. from the University of Iowa.