Stephen Liebscher is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Liebscher participates in the representation of public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Liebscher has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its $2.5 billion take-private acquisition of Air Methods Corporation
- Arca Continental, S. A. B. de C.V. in its acquisition, via a $2.7 billion joint venture with Coca-Cola Refreshments USA, Inc., of bottling operations in Texas and parts of Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arkansas
- athenaheath, Inc. in its $5.7 billion sale to Veritas Capital and Evergreen Coast Capital (an affiliate of Elliott Management Corporation) and planned combination with Virence Health
- Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corp. in its acquisition of Organogenesis Inc. and its proposed merger with Envigo International Holdings, Inc.
- Carlin America, Inc. in its $245 million sale to Round Hill Music, LLC
- Eli Lilly and Company in its pending approximately $8 billion acquisition of Loxo Oncology, Inc. and $960 million acquisition of CoLucid Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Magellan Health, Inc. in its acquisition of Veridicus Holdings, LLC
- Nexeo Solutions, Inc. in its $2 billion sale to Univar Inc.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, as part of a consortium led by BC Partners and including Beamer Investment (GIC) and certain members of management of GFL Environmental Holdings Inc., in the consortium's approximately $5.1 billion acquisition of GFL and subsequently in GFL's $2.8 billion merger with Waste Industries, Inc.
- Whirlpool Corporation in its $1 billion modified Dutch auction tender offer for its common stock
Mr. Liebscher received his J.D., cum laude, from Northwestern University School of Law and his B.A. from University of Iowa.