She has extensive experience with leveraged buyouts and dispositions of public and private companies, as well as going-private transactions, minority investments, and joint ventures. Ms. Harlev also counsels private equity sponsor portfolio companies on a variety of corporate and strategic matters.
Ms. Harlev has represented some of the world’s leading private equity firms, including Berkshire Partners, Thomas H. Lee Partners, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and Advent International.
Ms. Harlev was named “Best in Private Equity” at Euromoney Legal Media Group’s 2020 Americas Women in Business Law Awards. She is recognized as a leading lawyer for Corporate/M&A and Private Equity: Buyouts in Massachusetts by Chambers USA, where she is described as “a highly thought-of and sought-after attorney” and a “very talented practitioner.” She was also named a “Rising Star” for Private Equity and M&A in the U.S. by IFLR1000 and is recommended for Telecoms and Broadcast: Transactional by Legal 500 US. Ms. Harlev was named one of Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly’s 2014 “Top Women of Law.” Ms. Harlev is an Editor of Weil’s Global Private Equity Watch.
- Advent International in its leveraged buyout of Morrison Supply
- AmSafe Global Holdings (a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners and Greenbriar Equity Group) in its $750 million sale to TransDigm Group
- Antin Infrastructure Partners in its acquisition of FirstLight Fiber and in FirstLight Fiber’s acquisition of Maine Fiber Company
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of VetStrategy
- Berkshire Partners, together with Warburg Pincus, in the recapitalization of Consolidated Precision Products Corp.
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Teraco Data Environments (Pty) Ltd.
- Berkshire Partners in its investments in Precision Medicine Group, U.S. Anesthesia Partners, Inc. and Farm Boy
- Berkshire Partners in its investment in Torres Unidas and subsequent sale of Torres Unidas to Andean Tower Partners LLC
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of The Portillo Restaurant Group, Inc.
- Berkshire Partners in the sale of its portfolio company National Vision to an affiliate of KKR and its sale of Grocery Outlet, Inc. to Hellman & Friedman LLC and Grocery Outlet's own senior management
- Berkshire Partners in its sale of SRS Distribution Inc. to Leonard Green & Partners
- Brookfield Asset Management in the $866 million acquisition by BSREP Industrial, L.P. of Verde Realty
- Brookfield Property Partners L.P. in its sale of IDI Logistics Realty to Ivanhoé Cambridge Inc.
- Consortium advisor to Brookfield Business Partners L.P. in, together with Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and other institutional partners, the $13.2 billion acquisition of Johnson Controls’ Power Solutions
- CompuCom Systems, Inc. (a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners) in its $1 billion sale to Office Depot, Inc.
- HMT Inc. (a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners) in its sale of Enardo LLC and Berkshire in the subsequent sale of HMT
- Ileos, SA, a portfolio company of Oaktree Capital Management, in its joint venture with Visant Corporation, a portfolio company of affiliates of KKR and DLJ Merchant Banking
- KTR Capital Partners in the $5.9 billion sale by its REIT subsidiaries of its real estate assets and operating platform to Prologis, Inc.
- LifeWorks Corporation Ltd. (at the time a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners and Cannae Holdings) in its $325 million sale to Morneau Shepell, Inc.
- Lone Star in its acquisition of Bentley Mills, Inc.
- Montagu Private Equity in its $490 million acquisition of the original equipment manufacturing (OEM) and tissue processing businesses of RTI Surgical, Inc. and in its $725 million sale of Centor to Gerresheimer AG and acquisition of Aqualung International SA
- Oaktree Capital in its sale of Connected Fitness Labs Limited to Wexer Holding LLC
- OMERS Private Equity and Berkshire Partners in their $3.85 billion sale of Husky IMS International Ltd. to Platinum Equity
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan in the formation of Aethon United LP and its acquisition of several oil and gas properties, including the upstream and midstream oil and gas assets of J-W Operating Company and its affiliates
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its acquisition of a minority stake in First Data Corporation
- Parts Town LLC (a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners) in its acquisitions of Heritage Food Service Group and the foodservice parts distribution and field service business assets of 3Wire Group Inc.
- Sanofi in its $25 billion exchange of Merial, its animal health business, for the consumer healthcare business of Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH and its up to $750 million acquisition of Protein Sciences Corporation
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in its $400 million acquisition of Fogo de Chão Churrascaria; its acquisitions of All Systems Holding LLC and Intermedix Corporation; and Intermedix Corporation in its $460 million sale to R1 RCM Inc.
- Town & Country Living in its sale to H.I.G. Capital
- Univision Communications in the $1.2 billion investment by Grupo Televisa, Mexico's top TV broadcaster
- Verde Realty (at the time a majority-owned subsidiary of funds managed by Brookfield Property Partners L.P.) together with certain institutional partners, in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Industrial Developments International, Inc. (n/k/a IDI Logistics Realty) and IDI Logistics Realty in the $302 million sale of its Mexican industrial portfolio to FINSA and Walton Street Capital, L.L.C.
Ms. Harlev is highly involved in pro bono work and is the outside counsel for the Massachusetts Legal Assistance Corporation (MLAC), an organization that ensures that low-income people with critical, non-criminal legal problems have access to legal information, advice, and representation and is the largest funding source for civil legal aid programs in Massachusetts. Ms. Harlev is also a member of the Firm’s Diversity Committee.
Ms. Harlev is fluent in English, Turkish, and Hebrew.