Shane Safer is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Safer participates in the representation of public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Safer has been part of the teams advising:
- Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp. II, a SPAC sponsored by Trasimene Capital FT, LP II, in its pending $9 billion merger with Paysafe Group Holdings Limited
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in its approximately $4.8 billion acquisition of a 61.2% stake in Oaktree Capital Group, LLC
- Sanofi in its $3.7 billion acquisition of Principia Biopharma Inc.
- QuickChek Corporation in its $645 million sale to Murphy USA
- Benefytt Technologies, Inc. in its $625 million take-private by Madison Dearborn Partners
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc. in its $430 million sale of a semiconductor fabrication plant for the manufacture of 300mm-size wafers used in the production of integrated circuits to ON Semiconductor Corporation
- Exide Holdings, Inc. in its $179 million sale of substantially all of its Americas operations to Atlas Holdings LLC, in connection with its chapter 11 proceedings
- Maines Paper & Food Service Inc. in the sale of substantially all of its assets to Lineage Logistics, Inc.
- CoStar Group, Inc. in its acquisition of Cozy Services, Ltd.
Mr. Safer received his J.D. from Columbia Law School where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and his B.A., summa cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania.