Ms. Kim has been part of the teams advising on the technology and the intellectual property aspects, as well as on the data privacy and cybersecurity aspects of the following matters:
- Advent International Corporation in its acquisition of a 45% stake in Conservice, LLC; together with its portfolio company Culligan International Company, in its $1.1 billion take-private acquisition of AquaVenture Holdings Limited and in its sale of Seven Seas Water Corporation
- Apergy Corporation (n/k/a ChampionX Corporation) in a Reverse Morris Trust acquisition of ChampionX (f/k/a Nalco Champion) from Ecolab Inc. creating an entity with a combined $7.4 billion enterprise value
- AxiomSL Group, Inc. in the sale of a controlling stake to Thoma Bravo by AxiomSL’s founder, TCV and certain other investors
- Gores Holdings IV, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its business combination with United Wholesale Mortgage, LLC (UWM), in a transaction that values UWM at approximately $16.1 billion
- Gores Metropoulos, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of The Gores Group and Metropoulos & Co., in its $3.4 billion merger with Luminar Technologies, Inc.
- Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Truck-Lite Company, LLC and in, together with TA Associates, the acquisition of Orion Advisor Solutions, following the merger of Orion and Brinker Capital
- Lee Equity Partners in its pending acquisition of a majority stake in Simplicity Group Holdings
- Main Event Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Ardent Leisure Group Limited, in Ardent’s sale of a 24.2% stake in Main Event to RedBird Capital Partners together with an option for RedBird to acquire a controlling stake within a defined period
- Sumeru Equity Partners in its $100 million acquisition of SocialChorus, Inc.
- Topgolf International, Inc. (a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners, Dundon Capital Partners and WestRiver Group) in its $2 billion merger of equals with Callaway Golf Company
Ms. Kim joined Weil as a summer associate in 2018. She graduated from Harvard Law School, where she was an inaugural member of the Assembly Student Fellowship at the Berkman Klein Center and served on the board of the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association. Ms. Kim received a B.S. in Chemistry from Western University, and prior to law school, worked as a chemist at 3M Company.
Ms. Kim has provided pro bono legal services on behalf of numerous Firm clients, including Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project, The Progeria Research Foundation and Start Small Think Big.