Seowoo has been part of the teams advising on the technology and the intellectual property aspects, as well as on the data privacy and cybersecurity aspects, of the following matters:
- Advent International Corporation in its acquisition of a 45% stake in Conservice, LLC; together with its portfolio company Culligan International Company, in its $1.1 billion take-private acquisition of AquaVenture Holdings Limited; and its sale of Seven Seas Water Corporation
- Apergy Corporation (n/k/a ChampionX Corporation) in a Reverse Morris Trust acquisition of ChampionX (f/k/a Nalco Champion) from Ecolab Inc. creating an entity with a combined $7.4 billion enterprise value
- AxiomSL Group, Inc. in the sale of a controlling stake to Thoma Bravo by AxiomSL’s founder, TCV and certain other investors
- Blackstone Growth in its investment in ISN Software Corporation, in a transaction that valued ISN over $2 billion
- Brook & Whittle Limited (a portfolio company of Snow Phipps Group) in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Tri Print LLC and its simultaneous acquisitions of Wizard Labels LLC and the assets of Innovative Labeling Solutions, Inc.
- Cardtronics plc in its pending $2.5 billion sale to NCR Corporation
- Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Truck-Lite Company, LLC (n/k/a Clarience Technologies, LLC); together with TA Associates, in the acquisition of Orion Advisor Solutions, following the merger of Orion and Brinker Capital; and its sale of Infinite Electronics, Inc.
- Gores Holdings IV, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its business combination with United Wholesale Mortgage, LLC (UWM), in a transaction that values UWM at approximately $16.1 billion
- Gores Metropoulos, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of The Gores Group and Metropoulos & Co., in its $3.4 billion merger with Luminar Technologies, Inc.
- Kantar Health, LLC in its $375 million sale by The Kantar Group Limited (a portfolio company of Bain Capital)
- Lee Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Simplicity Group Holdings
- Main Event Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Ardent Leisure Group Limited, in Ardent’s sale of a 24.2% stake in Main Event to RedBird Capital Partners together with an option for RedBird to acquire a controlling stake within a defined period
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in 365 Retail Markets, LLC
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisition of Academy Fire Life Safety
- Sumeru Equity Partners in its acquisition of SocialChorus, Inc.
- Thompson Street Capital Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in SmartProcure, Inc.
- Topgolf International, Inc. (a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners, Dundon Capital Partners and WestRiver Group) in its $2 billion merger of equals with Callaway Golf Company
- Trive Capital in its acquisition of Valor Healthcare Inc.
Seowoo joined Weil as a summer associate in 2018. She graduated from Harvard Law School, where she was an inaugural member of the Assembly Student Fellowship at the Berkman Klein Center and served on the board of the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association. Seowoo received a B.S. in Chemistry from Western University and, prior to law school, worked as a chemist at 3M Company.
Seowoo has provided pro bono legal services on behalf of numerous Firm clients, including Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project, The Progeria Research Foundation and Start Small Think Big.