Sean McClay is an associate in Weil’s Banking & Finance practice and is based in New York. Sean participates in advising borrowers, private equity sponsors, banks, credit funds and other financial institutions in a variety of financing transactions, including cross-border and domestic acquisition financings, direct and syndicated lending, investment grade lending, middle market and large cap financings and chapter 11 reorganizations.
Sean has been part of the teams advising:
- Cornell Capital in first lien term and ABL revolving facilities to finance its acquisition of INW Manufacturing LLC.
- Ashford Hospitality Trust, Inc. (AHT) in $450 million senior secured term facility commitments for Ashford Hospitality Limited Partnership, the operating partnership of AHT.
- Providence Equity Partners in $550 million first and second lien credit facilities to finance its acquisition of GlobalTranz Enterprises, Inc.
- Genstar Capital in first and second lien term and revolving facilities to finance its acquisition of Ohio Transmission Corporation.
- Brookfield Asset Management in $4.25 billion bridge, term and revolving facilities to finance in part its $11.4 billion acquisition of Forest City Realty Trust Inc. (n/k/a Brookfield Properties).
- General Motors Company in amended and restated $4 billion three-year and $10.5 billion five-year, senior multicurrency revolving facilities and a new $2 billion 364-day commercial paper backstop facility.
- The administrative and non-U.S. collateral agent and joint arranger in $478 million term and $150 million multicurrency revolving senior secured credit facilities for Rain CII Carbon LLC and its Canadian, German and Belgian affiliates.
- JPMorgan, as administrative and collateral agent, in $3 billion senior secured facilities to finance in part JAB's approximately $7.5 billion take-private of Panera Bread Company and, as administrative agent, joint lead arranger and joint bookrunner, in $125 million senior secured incremental revolving commitments to finance the acquisition by Panera Bread Company of Au Bon Pain.
- BlueMountain Capital in its financing of a sponsor-owned healthcare company.
- CFG Holdings Ltd (Cayman Islands) in an asset-based revolving facility to finance its consumer lending business.
- Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC in its $800 million debtor-in-possession superpriority senior secured term loan to provide liquidity during its bankruptcy proceedings.
- Brookfield Principal Credit LLC, as lead arranger and administrative agent, in a $650 million two-tranche senior secured term facility for Bumble Bee Holdings, Inc. and Connors Bros Clover Leaf Seafoods Company (subsidiaries of Bumble Bee Holdco, S.C.A.).
- Sovos Brands (a portfolio company of Advent International Corporation) in $185 million senior secured credit facilities to refinance existing indebtedness and finance its acquisition of Rao's Specialty Foods Inc.; and $75 million senior secured credit facilities to finance its acquisition of Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods, Inc.
- American Securities, in $530 million multicurrency and multitranche first and second lien facilities to finance its acquisition of Chromaflo Technologies Corporation from Arsenal Capital Management and Nordic Capital.
- OMERS Private Equity, together with Harvest Partners, in $1.3 billion senior secured facilities to finance the take-private acquisition of Epiq Systems, Inc. and its combination with DTI (Document Technologies Inc.) and to refinance existing indebtedness.
Sean also counsels pro-bono clients on a range of commercial and non-profit issues, including the Red Hook Initiative, and advising not-for-profit corporations on governance matters.