Sean McClay is an associate in Weil’s Banking & Finance practice and is based in New York. His practice focuses on advising borrowers, leading private equity sponsors, banks, credit funds and other financial institutions in a variety of financing transactions, including cross-border and domestic acquisition financings, direct and syndicated lending, investment grade lending, middle market and large cap financings and chapter 11 reorganizations.
Mr. McClay has been part of the teams advising:
- JPMorgan, as administrative and collateral agent, in $3 billion senior secured facilities to finance in part JAB's approximately $7.5 billion take-private of Panera Bread Company.
- Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC in its $800 million debtor-in-possession superpriority senior secured term loan to provide liquidity during its bankruptcy proceedings.
- Brookfield Principal Credit LLC, as lead arranger and administrative agent, in a $650 million two-tranche senior secured term facility for Bumble Bee Holdings, Inc. and Connors Bros Clover Leaf Seafoods Company (subsidiaries of Bumble Bee Holdco, S.C.A.).
- Sovos Brands (a portfolio company of Advent International Corporation), in $185 million senior secured credit facilities to refinance existing indebtedness and to finance its acquisition of Rao's Specialty Foods Inc.
- American Securities, in $530 million multicurrency and multitranche first and second lien facilities to finance its acquisition of Chromaflo Technologies Corporation from Arsenal Capital Management and Nordic Capital.
Mr. McClay also counsels pro-bono clients on a range of commercial and non-profit issues, including the Innocence Project and advising not-for-profit corporations on governance matters.