Sean Fitzpatrick is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Mr. Fitzpatrick participates in advising public and private companies, as well as private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, in a variety of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations and divestitures. He also participates in providing counsel regarding a broad range of general corporate, securities laws and corporate governance matters.
Mr. Fitzpatrick has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities and its portfolio companies, including in its sale of a majority stake in Aspen Dental Management Inc.
- Antin Infrastructure Partners in its acquisition of FirstLight Fiber.
- Centerbridge Partners in its sales of P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. and Pei Wei Asian Diner LLC.
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division in its sale of Drayer Physical Therapy Institute, LLC to Upstream Rehabilitation Inc. with Goldman taking a minority stake in Upstream.
- Lee Equity Partners in its acquisition of K-MAC Holdings Corp. and its sale of PDR Network, LLC.
- Metaldyne Performance Group Inc. in its $3.3 billion sale to American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc.
- Nortek, Inc. in its $2.8 billion merger with Melrose Industries PLC.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its acquisition of APCO Holdings, Inc.
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority interest in DoubleVerify, Inc.
- Snow Phipps Group and its portfolio companies, including in its acquisitions of Rudy’s Food Products, Mesa Foods, Inc. and the “Casa Fiesta” brand by Teasdale Foods; its acquisition of RangeMe USA LLC by Efficient Collaborative Retail Marketing Company; and its sale of ZeroChaos, Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners and its portfolio companies, including in its sale of a majority stake of 1-800 CONTACTS, Inc. to AEA Investors and its sale of a 50% interest in inVentiv Health, Inc. to Advent International, valuing inVentiv at $3.8 billion.
- True Food Kitchen (a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners) in its receipt of a minority investment by Ms. Oprah Winfrey.
- Verizon Communications Inc. in its acquisition of Sensity Systems Inc.
Mr. Fitzpatrick received his J.D. from Duke University School of Law and a dual B.A. in Political Science and Economics, cum laude with Honors, from The Ohio State University.