Scott has been part of the teams advising:
- Chisholm Oil and Gas Operating LLC in the $480 million exchange of debt for equity, as part of a plan of reorganization under chapter 11
- Basic Energy Services, Inc. in its acquisition of C&J Well Services and subsequently in connection with its chapter 11 cases and sale of substantially all of its assets
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in various equity investments in upstream and midstream oil and gas companies and acquisitions of oil and gas assets
- Easton Energy LLC (a portfolio company of Cresta Energy Capital) in its acquisition of 416 miles of Gulf Coast natural gas liquids pipeline systems assets from The Williams Companies, Inc.
- Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC in its $4.6 billion sale of substantially all of its global business to Brookfield Business Partners L.P.
- Old Ironsides Energy in the $1.75 billion sale of three Delaware Basin subsidiary companies of Brazos Midstream Holdings, LLC to Morgan Stanley Infrastructure
- Fieldwood Energy LLC (a portfolio company of Riverstone) in its prepackaged chapter 11 cases pursuant to which Fieldwood deleveraged its balance sheet by $1.6 billion, raised approximately $525 million in an equity rights offering and purchased for $710 million all Gulf of Mexico deepwater oil and gas assets of Noble Energy, Inc. and its related $1 billion sale of all deepwater assets and certain shallow water and other assets to QuarterNorth Energy Holding, Inc.
- Stonegate Production Company LLC in its sale of certain operated oil and gas assets
- Kainos Capital in its acquisition of a manufacturer and distributor of commercial food products and Bonewerks CulinArte’ in its acquisition of Savory Creations International, Inc.
Scott has been recognized as a “Rising Star” for M&A by Super Lawyers* in Texas in 2019-2021 and in Oklahoma in 2017.
Prior to law school, Scott worked in the finance and accounting department of one of the nation’s largest oil and gas companies.
Scott received his J.D. from The University of Oklahoma College of Law, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif and the Executive Articles Editor of the Oklahoma Law Review. During law school, Scott served as a Judicial Extern to Judge Stephen P. Friot, United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma. He received his M.B.A. and B.B.A. from The University of Oklahoma.
* Super Lawyers recognition is a Thomson Reuters service