Scott Bailey is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in Dallas. Mr. Bailey participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Bailey has been part of teams advising:
- A private equity fund in its acquisition of an overriding royalty interest in 350,000 net surface acres in southwestern Pennsylvania from Range Resources-Appalachia, LLC and Range Resources-Pine Mountain, Inc.
- An ad hoc group of noteholders in connection with the reorganization of Sable Permian Resources
- Aethon Energy in its $735 million acquisition of northwest Louisiana natural gas assets from QEP Resources, Inc.
- EP Energy Corporation and its affiliated debtors, a public oil and natural gas exploration and production company, in their chapter 11 cases involving approximately $4.9 billion in funded debt obligations
- Kingfisher Midstream, LLC and its subsidiaries in their chapter 11 cases, which are jointly administered with the chapter 11 cases of Alta Mesa Resources, Inc. and its subsidiaries
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in various equity investments in upstream and midstream oil and gas companies and acquisitions of oil and gas assets
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Bailey founded his own private, general legal practice where he advised clients on matters including oil, gas and energy resources law, business and entity law and real estate and property law.
Mr. Bailey received his J.D., cum laude, from Texas Tech University School of Law and his B.S. from Texas Tech University. While in law school, he was a member of the Board of Barristers and served on the Executive Board of Texas Tech Law Review.