Mr. Bailey has been part of teams advising:
- A private equity fund in its acquisition of an overriding royalty interest in 350,000 net surface acres in southwestern Pennsylvania from subsidiaries of Range Resources Corporation
- An ad hoc group of bondholders in the chapter 11 cases of Unit Corporation
- An ad hoc group of noteholders in connection with the reorganization of Sable Permian Resources
- Aethon Energy in its $735 million acquisition of northwest Louisiana natural gas assets from QEP Resources, Inc.
- AK Steel Corporation in its approximately $3 billion sale to Cleveland-Cliffs, Inc.
- Basic Energy Services, Inc. in its acquisition of C&J Well Services, in a transaction funded in large part by senior secured notes contributed by Ascribe Capital in exchange for a majority stake in Basic Energy
- EP Energy Corporation and its affiliated debtors, a public oil and natural gas exploration and production company, in their chapter 11 cases involving approximately $4.9 billion in funded debt obligations
- Gavilan Resources, LLC and its affiliated debtors in their chapter 11 cases
- Kingfisher Midstream, LLC and its subsidiaries in their 363 bankruptcy sale of midstream assets to BCE-Mach III LLC in connection with their chapter 11 cases, which are jointly administered with the chapter 11 cases of Alta Mesa Resources, Inc. and its subsidiaries
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in various equity investments in upstream and midstream oil and gas companies and acquisitions of oil and gas assets
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Bailey founded a private, general legal practice where he advised clients on a broad range of matters, including oil and gas transactions, general corporate matters and real estate and property matters.
Mr. Bailey received his J.D., cum laude, from Texas Tech University School of Law, where he served on the Executive Board of Texas Tech Law Review and was on the Board of Barristers. He also received his B.S. from Texas Tech University and was a member of the men’s golf team.