Scott has been part of teams advising:
- A private equity fund in its acquisition of an overriding royalty interest in 350,000 net surface acres in southwestern Pennsylvania from subsidiaries of Range Resources Corporation
- An ad hoc group of bondholders in the chapter 11 cases of Unit Corporation
- An ad hoc group of noteholders in connection with the reorganization of Sable Permian Resources
- Aethon Energy in its $735 million acquisition of northwest Louisiana natural gas assets from QEP Resources, Inc.
- Aethon United BR LP (a subsidiary of Aethon United (a joint venture of Aethon Energy, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan and Redbird Capital Partners)) in a $750 million 144A/Reg S offering of senior unsecured notes to refinance existing indebtedness
- AK Steel Corporation in its approximately $3 billion sale to Cleveland-Cliffs, Inc.
- Basic Energy Services, Inc. in its acquisition of C&J Well Services, in a transaction funded in large part by senior secured notes contributed by Ascribe Capital in exchange for a majority stake in Basic Energy
- Cherwell Software LLC in its sale to Ivanti, Inc. (a portfolio company of Clearlake Capital and TA Associates)
- EP Energy Corporation in its chapter 11 cases, involving approximately $4.9 billion in funded debt obligations
- Kingfisher Midstream, LLC (a subsidiary of Alta Mesa Resources Inc.) in its 363 bankruptcy sale of midstream assets to BCE-Mach III LLC
- Gavilan Resources, LLC and its affiliated debtors in their chapter 11 cases and in its 363 bankruptcy sale of substantially all of its assets to Mesquite Energy, Inc. (f/k/a Sanchez Energy Corporation)
- Golden Gate Capital in the formation of Stonehill Environmental Partners and Stonehill's acquisition of the assets of Waterfield Midstream
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in various equity investments in upstream and midstream oil and gas companies and acquisitions of oil and gas assets
- TPG Pace Beneficial II Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Pace Group, in its $400 million initial public offering
- TPG Pace Solutions Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Pace Group, in its $285 million initial public offering
Prior to joining Weil, Scott founded a private, general legal practice where he advised clients on a broad range of matters, including oil and gas transactions, general corporate matters and real estate and property matters.
Scott received his J.D., cum laude, from Texas Tech University School of Law, where he served on the Executive Board of Texas Tech Law Review and was on the Board of Barristers. He also received his B.S. from Texas Tech University and was a member of the men’s golf team.