Sarah Fries is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Ms. Fries participates in the representation of public and private companies, as well as private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Ms. Fries has been part of the teams advising:
- Aéropostale, Inc. in its $243 million 363 bankruptcy sale to a consortium including General Growth Properties, Authentic Brands Group, Simon Property Group, Gordon Brothers Retail Partners LLC, and Hilco Merchant Resources LLC
- Belmond Ltd. in its $3.2 billion sale to LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE
- Campbell Soup Company in its $2.2 billion sale of Campbell International, Inc. and in its $300 million sale of Kelsen Group A/S
- First Data Corporation in its $760 million acquisition of BluePay, Inc.
- Gurnet Point Capital in its take-private of Innocoll Holdings plc
- L’Oréal USA (a subsidiary of L’Oréal S.A.) in its $1.3 billion acquisition of the CeraVe, AcneFree and AMBI skincare product brands from Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (n/k/a Bausch Health Companies)
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board, in a joint venture with Aethon Energy, in the $735 million acquisition of northwest Louisiana natural gas assets from QEP Resources, Inc.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP) in the formation of Trivium Packaging through a combination of OTPP's portfolio company, Exal Corporation, with the Food & Specialty Metal Packaging business of Ardagh Group
- PSAV, Inc., Goldman Sachs and Olympus Partners (PSAV’s sponsors) in the sale of PSAV to Blackstone
- RPC Group Plc in its acquisition of Letica Group
- Sanofi in its $11.6 billion acquisition of Bioverativ Inc.
- Synchrony Financial in its $5.8 billion acquisition of U.S. consumer receivables from PayPal Holdings, Inc., and in connection with its acquisition of approximately $1 billion of participation interests in receivables held with investors and financial institutions
- Thomas H. Lee Partners, as a shareholder of West Corporation, in West's $5.1 billion sale to Apollo Global Management
- Verizon Communications Inc. in its acquisition of Sensity Systems Inc.
Ms. Fries received her J.D. from University of Michigan Law School and her B.A., cum laude, from The Ohio State University.