Mr. Zylberberg's loan experience includes the representation of borrowers and lenders in the origination of loans secured by hotels, offices, residential and mixed-use properties, including balance sheet, securitized, syndicated, bridge, mortgage, mezzanine, preferred equity, construction, multi-asset and multi-state loans and loan restructurings and acquisition and sale of loans. He also regularly advises purchasers and sellers in single-asset and multi-asset acquisition and disposition of a wide range of commercial properties.
Mr. Zylberberg's extensive leasing experience includes representation of landlords and tenants in the leasing of office, retail, hotel, sports arena, and other commercial properties.
Mr. Zylberberg is recognized as a “Notable Practitioner” for Real Estate Acquisitions and Real Estate Finance in the U.S. by IFLR1000. He is also consistently recognized for real estate by Best Lawyers in America, Legal 500 US and Super Lawyers.
- Billions of dollars of financing transactions for Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Atalaya Capital Management, Fortress Investment Group, among others.
- Atalaya Capital Management in numerous transactions including most recently in its (i) joint venture with LLMAG and Qualitas to ground lease land in Chelsea, NYC for the construction of a 460 unit residential project, (ii) construction financing (as lender) and preferred equity investment in the construction of the flagship Ritz Carlton Hotel in Manhattan, and (iii) joint venture to acquire a New Jersey office complex.
- GE/NBC in its sale of 30 Rockefeller Plaza to Comcast.
- Continuum Health Partners in the sale of its landlord interest in a ground lease at 1080 Amsterdam Avenue, NYC.
- Purchase of a one million square foot distribution facility in central Florida leased to Amazon.
- Fortress in numerous transactions including most recently in its (i) multi-step acquisition and financing of the Shore Club Hotel in Miami Beach, FL, (ii) acquisition of an existing condominium property from all of its owners for the redevelopment as a new condominium in Sunny Isles, FL, and (iii) refinancing (as lender) of a residential/retail tower overlooking Central Park, NYC.
- CL Investment Group in its joint venture investment in several major Mid-town Manhattan development transactions including with Extell Development Company (94th and Third Ave) and Magnum Real Estate Group (Post Portfolio).
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and it affiliates in their (i) $14.4 billion acquisition of the approximately 66% of common stock of GGP Inc. (f/k/a General Growth Properties Inc.) not already owned, (ii) $2.8 billion acquisition of all of the outstanding common shares of Rouse Properties, Inc. not already owned by Brookfield Property Partners L.P., (iii) $866 million acquisition of Verde Realty Operating Partnership, L.P., and (iv) $11.4 billion acquisition of Forest City Realty Trust Inc.
- Lindsay Goldberg in its sale to (i) Choice Hotels of the WoodSpring Suites brand for $231 million, including the management of 240 extended-stay hotels in 35 states and (ii) Brookfield Asset Management of 107 WoodSpring Suites properties for $767.7 million.
- Providence Equity Partners in its NYC headquarters lease at 9 West 57th street in midtown Manhattan.
- GE in various leases including its lease, as tenant, at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, and of a technology center in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi.
- Continuum Health Partners in its ground lease, as landlord, of 1080 Amsterdam Avenue, NYC to SL Green and Stonehenge Partners.
- Century 21 Department Store lease from Vornado Realty Trust of retail space at Queens Center NYC and Paramus Mall N.J.
- Museum of Jewish Heritage in its ground lease of land from the Port Authority for construction of the Museum of Jewish Heritage.
- Lease with Kodak for portions of Eastman business park, Rochester NY.
- New York Racing Association of its lease from New York State of its racetracks at Belmont, Saratoga and Aqueduct.
Mr. Zylberberg received his J.D. from Fordham University School of Law where he served on Fordham Law Review, and his B.S in accounting, magna cum laude, from Brooklyn College.