Samuel Peca is a partner in Weil’s Corporate Department and is based in Dallas. Mr. Peca has extensive experience representing private equity firms, private and public companies, and management teams, primarily in energy and infrastructure related transactions. Such transactions include, among other things: (i) upstream acquisitions, divestitures, joint development arrangements, PDP securitizations and royalty deals; (ii) midstream acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures; (iii) corporate matters in connection with various restructurings and chapter 11 proceedings (including 363 sales); and (iv) the formation of private equity backed management platforms (on both the sponsor side and management side). In addition to energy and infrastructure transactions, Mr. Peca has represented private equity firms in significant transactions across a variety of other industries.
- Management of Admiral Permian Resources, LLC, in a joint venture with Pine Brook Road Partners and Riverstone Holdings under which Pine Brook and Riverstone will provide up to a $600 million line of equity to purchase and develop upstream assets in the Permian Basin
- Aethon Energy Management (a subsidiary of Aethon Energy), together with RedBird Capital Partners, in the acquisitions of natural gas-producing assets in east Texas and northern Louisiana from SM Energy Company and of the Moneta Divide oil and gas assets, approximately 188,000 net acres in Wyoming, from Encana Oil & Gas (USA) Inc.
- BlackBrush Oil & Gas, LP in its sale to Ares Management, L.P. by EIG Management Company, LLC and Tailwater Capital, LLC
- EnLink Midstream Partners, LP and EnLink Midstream LLC in their $1.55 billion acquisition of subsidiaries of Tall Oak Midstream LLC
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. in its sale of approximately 50% of the portfolio companies held at the time by One Equity Partners to Lexington Partners, Inc. and AlpInvest Partners N.V., and in the formation by OEP professionals of OEP Capital Advisors, L.P.
- Kellen-Wildcat Holdings (a joint venture between Wildcat Midstream Partners and Old Ironsides Energy) in its sale of a 40% stake (retaining 10%) in Wildcat Midstream Holdings LLC to affiliates of Highstar Capital, the owner of the other 50% of Wildcat Midstream
- Kinder Morgan in its $5 billion acquisition of Copano Energy LLC
- Kingfisher Midstream, LLC (a subsidiary of Alta Mesa Resources Inc.) in its 363 bankruptcy sale of midstream assets to BCE-Mach III LLC
- Lindsay Goldberg in its acquisition of a majority interest in Dealer Tire, LLC
- Magnetar Capital, as a member of an investment group, in the group's $1.25 billion purchase of preferred shares of CHK Cleveland Tonkawa LLC, a newly formed unrestricted, non-guarantor consolidated subsidiary of Chesapeake Energy Corporation which was formed to own and develop oil and gas producing assets, plus an overriding royalty interest in the first 1,000 (net ORRI) new wells to be drilled on the leasehold acreage contributed by Chesapeake as part of the transaction
- Magnetar Capital, GSO Capital Partners, TPG Capital and EIG Global Energy Partners in its sale of upstream assets by CHK Cleveland Tonkawa, LLC, to FourPoint Energy and related redemption of preferred equity by CHK Cleveland Tonkawa, LLC
- Magnetar Capital in its capacity as a holder of preferred equity in connection with the $18 billion merger of Energy Transfer Partners and Regency Energy Partners, and the $7.5 billion merger of Crestwood Equity Partners and Crestwood Midstream Partners
- Magnetar Capital and Triangle Peak Partners in their preferred stock investment, alongside KKR's Energy Income & Growth Fund, in Covey Park Energy LLC to partially finance Covey Park's acquisition of certain upstream assets from Chesapeake Exploration, LLC copan
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Felix Energy
Mr. Peca was named 2016 Pro Bono “Lawyer of the Year” by the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program, an organization dedicated to increasing and enhancing pro bono legal services to the underprivileged in Dallas. He is recommended for Energy Transactional: Oil and Gas by Legal 500 US 2020.
Prior to re-joining Weil, Mr. Peca was an associate at another international law firm in their Houston office. He also interned for the Eighth Court of Appeals for the State of Texas.