Samantha is a Private Equity partner in London and specialises in private equity and private M&A. Her experience encompasses domestic and cross-border acquisitions, disposals, take-privates, joint ventures and corporate advisory work.
Samantha has advised clients including private equity institutions and investors as well as major corporates. Samantha is recognised as a leading private equity lawyer by Chambers UK, with clients describing her as a “superstar” partner who is “extremely practical and client service-oriented.” She is ranked as a ‘Next Generation Lawyer for Private Equity in Legal 500 UK and is ‘Highly Regarded’ for Private Equity and M&A in IFLR1000 UK. Recently Sam was featured in Legal Business’ Women Deal Stars of Private Equity as “one of the most cited young buyout partners in the Square Mile”.
Samantha has also featured in Financial News’ “40 Under 40 Rising Stars in Legal Services”, as a Rising Star for Private Equity in IFLR 1000 UK and in The Lawyer’s “Hot 100”.
Representative experience includes:
- Oaktree Capital on the sale of dental business Hesira and the sale of the global operations of Fitness First
- Oaktree capital on the establishment of a hotel investment platform in Greece
- Turbo Holding as one of the selling shareholders on the sale of Interoute Communications, and Aleph Capital on its reinvestment into GTT as part of the acquisition of Interoute
- Technology Crossover Ventures on its investment in World Remit, RMS, NewVoiceMedia and Spotify
- Baring Private Equity on its investment into Cath Kidston and Orangefield
- HgCapital on its investment into Evaluate and sale of Relay Software
- Thomas H. Lee Partners and Ceridian on the sale of Ceridian’s UK, Irish and Mauritian businesses
- Bedminster Capital on the sale of diagnostic imaging service provider Hiperdia in Romania
- Avista Capital Partners on the IPO on the London Stock Exchange of global medical and technologies company, Convatec, in one of the biggest London listings of 2016
- Avista Capital Partners and Nordic Capital on their joint offer for Swiss pharma company Acino
- Montagu Private Equity in its acquisition of the Healthcare Devices and Prescription Retail business divisions of Rexam plc
- Advent International and Bain Capital on their acquisition of WorldPay and on their acquisition of the remaining stake in WorldPay