In addition, Sahar maintains an active pro bono practice where she has provided employment-related counseling to non-profits including Studio in a School, Mott Street Girls, and JustLeadership USA. She has served on a team assisting Immigration Equality in an affirmative asylum application for a transgender woman from Guyana.
Sahar graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Emory University with a B.A. in Political Science and Psychology. She received her J.D., cum laude, from Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, where she served as an Associate Editor of the Journal of Law and Social Policy, and received special recognition at graduation for her pro bono service during law school.
Awards and Recognition, Speaking Engagements, Guides and Resources, Latest Thinking, Firm News & Announcements
Courts Scale Back on Arbitrability of Employment Claims
Blog Post — Weil Governance & Securities Watch
— May 04, 2023
As a result of various Supreme Court decisions over the past decade affirming the breadth and scope of the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), many employers have rolled out mandatory pre-dispute arbitration programs for their employees to cover any employment-related disputes. However, in the wake of the #MeToo movement, such agreements have drawn scrutiny from lawmakers, who […]
The post Courts Scale Back on Arbitrability of Employment Claims appeared first on Governance & Securities Watch....
- State Laws Extending Discrimination Protections to New Classes of Employees Publication — Westlaw Today — By John P. Barry and Sahar Merchant — PDF — April 19, 2023
- UPDATE: NLRB GC Issues Guidance on Non-Disparagement and Confidentiality Provisions Alert — Employer Update — By Rebecca Sivitz, John P. Barry, Heylee Bernstein and Sahar Merchant — PDF — March 2023
- Employment Law Trends Assessment: 2023 Edition Alert — Employer Update — By Weil’s Employment Litigation Practice Group — PDF — March 2023
- NLRB Takes Aim at Non-Disparagement and Confidentiality Provisions For Union and Non-Union Employees Alert — Employer Update — By Rebecca Sivitz, John P. Barry, Heylee Bernstein and Sahar Merchant — PDF — March 2023
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advises the Initial Purchasers and the Lead Arrangers in Clarios’ Upsized Private Offering of Senior Secured Notes and Upsized Term Loan Facility Deal Brief — May 05, 2023
- Weil Advises Brookfield Business Partners in its Pending $8B Sale of Westinghouse Electric Company Deal Brief — October 11, 2022