Ryan Gorsche is counsel in Weil’s Corporate Department and is based in Dallas. Mr. Gorsche advises on corporate and transactional matters, representing public and private companies as well as private equity firms in connection with acquisitions and investments in diverse industries. Mr. Gorsche also has experience with respect to a variety of financing transactions. Mr. Gorsche has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in Texas for Mergers & Acquisitions by Super Lawyers since 2014.
- GM in its $4.2 billion acquisition of Ally Bank’s European and Latin American auto finance operations and its share in a Chinese joint venture – GM’s largest M&A transaction since bankruptcy
- SoftBank Group Corp. in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Fortress Investment Group LLC
- Apache Corporation in its $2.95 billion sale of a stake in its Egypt oil and gas business to, and the formation of a joint venture with, Sinopec International Petroleum Exploration and Production Corporation
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $2.75 billion acquisition of RKI Exploration & Production, LLC
- LIN Media LLC in its $2.6 billion merger with Media General, Inc.
- CEC Entertainment, Inc. in its $1.3 billion take-private by Apollo Global Management, LLC
- Apco Oil & Gas International, Inc. in its $427 million sale to Pluspetrol Black River Corporation
- Capital Z Partners in its $239 million sale of Permanent General Companies, Inc. to American Family Insurance Company
- Innospec, Inc. in its $225 million acquisition of the European surfactants business of Huntsman Corporation
- Azure Midstream Partners, LP in the $189 million 363 bankruptcy sale of its midstream business, assets and operating subsidiaries to Enterprise Products Operating LLC
- Perella Weinberg Partners in its combination with Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.
- CVC Capital Partners in its acquisition of majority control of Cunningham Lindsey Group Limited
- ORIX USA Corporation (a subsidiary of ORIX Corporation) in its acquisition of Lancaster Pollard Holdings, LLC
- OUTFRONT Media (f/k/a CBS Outdoor Americas) in its acquisition of Reynolds Outdoor Media, Inc.
- Providence Equity Partners in its provision of equity to Blackboard Inc. to finance Blackboard's acquisition of Higher One Holdings, Inc.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2012, Mr. Gorsche was senior counsel at a multi-strategy private investment firm and an associate in the New York office of an international law firm. Mr. Gorsche served as a law clerk to the Honorable Priscilla R. Owen of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. He received his J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law, where he was an articles editor for the Texas Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif, and his B.A. from Dartmouth College.