Rob Martin is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in Dallas. Mr. Martin participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Martin has been part of the teams advising:
- Aethon Energy in its $735 million acquisition of the northwest Louisiana natural gas assets from QEP Resources, Inc.
- Easton Energy LLC (a portfolio company of Cresta Energy Capital) in its acquisition of the Gulf Coast natural gas liquids pipeline systems assets from The Williams Companies, Inc.
- Kainos Capital in its combination of its portfolio companies: Kettle Cuisine, Bonewerks CulinArte' and Savory Creations, into one business operating as Kettle Cuisine; and in Kettle Cuisine’s acquisition of the frozen soup business of NORPAC Foods, Inc.
- Lindsay Goldberg in its sale of Dealer Tire, LLC
- The management team of U.S. Renal Care, Inc., together with Bain Capital and other investors in the acquisition of U.S. Renal Care from Leonard Green & Partners and other institutional investors
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Felix Energy
Mr. Martin received his J.D. from the University of North Carolina School of Law and his B.A. from The University of Mississippi.