Richard Wright is an associate in the Private Equity team in London and specialises in advising on private equity and M&A transactions in the infrastructure sector. Richard has, as part of a team, advised a number of leading private equity sponsors on both domestic and cross-border acquisitions and disposals. Richard has also been involved in corporate reorganisations and advisory work for private equity portfolio companies.
Prior to joining Weil, Richard was an associate at another leading international law firm.
Representative experience as part of a team includes:
- iCON Infrastructure on its acquisition of the Choice Care Group, a leading UK specialist care provider, from Caledonia Investments Plc
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on its acquisition of Sølvtrans, a global wellboat owner and operator headquartered in Norway, from Oaktree Capital Management
- OMERS Infrastructure on a number of acquisitions to increase its stake in Thames Water, Britain’s largest water company
- AMP Capital on its acquisition of the Regard Group, the fourth-largest specialist care provider in the UK at the time of the transaction, from Montreux Healthcare Fund PLC
- NIBC European Infrastructure Fund on the disposal of its infrastructure portfolio, including the sale of a majority stake in UK motorway service station operator Welcome Break and a number of European renewable energy assets
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition by its portfolio company (Kellas Midstrem Limited) across a number of separate transactions of a 65% participating interest in the Esmond Transportation System, a gas pipeline located in the southern North Sea area
- Limerston Capital Partners on its acquisition of Crawford Scientific, one of the UK’s leading independent providers of outsourced chromatography consumables and services, from Maven Capital Partners, and its subsequent expansion into the US with the bolt-on acquisition of VR Analytical