Rebecca Zhang is an associate in Weil’s Corporate Department and is based in Silicon Valley. Rebecca participates in the representation of public and private companies in a variety of transactional matters, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, equity investments and divestitures.
Rebecca has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent Global Technology (AGT), as lead investor, in a $160 million Series D funding round for Zenoti, resulting in a post-investment basis valuation for Zenoti of over $1 billion.
- Aleph Capital and Crestview in their investment in Framestore and in Framestore's merger with Company 3 and Method, Inc., following Company 3 and Method’s carve-out from Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc.
- Genstar Capital in its acquisitions of Truck-Lite Company LLC (n/k/a Clarience Technologies, LLC), Ohio Transmission Corporation and, in, together with TA Associates, the acquisition of Orion Advisor Solutions following the merger of Orion and Brinker Capital and in its sale of Pretium Packaging.
- Elevate Entertainment Inc. (a portfolio company of Mirasol Capital) in its acquisition by tender offer of Evans & Sutherland Computer Corporation.
- Gores Holdings III, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its business combination with Pacific Architects and Engineers, Inc. (PAE) (a portfolio company of Platinum Equity), with an initial enterprise value of approximately $1.55 billion.
- SoftBank Vision Fund as lead investor in a $200 million investment round in C2FO.
- The Gores Group in its sale of Elo Touch Solutions, Inc.
- Trive Capital in its acquisition of Valor Healthcare Inc.
Rebecca received her LL.M from the University of Chicago Law School and her J.D., cum laude, from Northwestern School of Law, where she served as an editor of the Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business and published “In Light Of China’s New Film Industry Promotion Law: Implications For Cross-border Transactions Between China And The U.S.” In addition, she also received the Senior Research honors for her article “The Dual Class Structure: A Challenge To The Past, Present, And Future Of Corporate Governance In The United States.” She received her B.A., LL.B from Tsinghua University, where she served as an editor on the Tsinghua China Law Review and received the Outstanding Dissertation Award for her article “Chinese Escrow Law In E-commerce.”