Preston received the 2019 Outstanding In-House Attorney Award by the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program (DVAP), a joint program of the Dallas Bar Association and Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas.
Preston has been part of the teams advising:
- Breitburn Energy Partners LP in its $775 million sale of certain of its upstream assets to Birch Permian Holdings, Inc. and its $793 million sale of the remainder of its assets to Maverick Natural Resources LLC, via a chapter 11 reorganization
- Charlesbank Capital Partners, together with Robert Long and Blair Ramey of Sanofi’s North American Consumer Healthcare division, in the formation of Bridges Consumer Healthcare LLC and in Bridges' acquisitions of the North American rights to ThermaCare® HeatWraps and Clarion Brands, LLC
- Kainos Capital in its acquisition of good2grow LLC.
- Main Event Entertainment, Inc., a subsidiary of Ardent Leisure Group Limited, in Ardent's sale of a 24.2% stake in Main Event to RedBird Capital Partners together with an option for Redbird to acquire a controlling stake within a defined period
- Mubadala, as lead investor in a $700 million funding round for REEF Technology (f/k/a ParkJockey Global Inc.) and in, together with SoftBank Group and Oaktree, a funding round for REEF Technology
- ORIX Capital Partners in its acquisition of Peak Utility Services Group, Inc.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its acquisition of a majority interest in NoFraud LLC; its sale of a majority stake in Burning Glass Technologies; and AbacusNext in its sale to Thomas H. Lee Partners
- Transaction Services Group Limited (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its acquisitions of BrandBot LLC, TrueCoach, Inc. and Triib, Inc.
Preston joined Weil as a summer associate in 2016. He previously served a judicial internship with Judge H. Christopher Mott of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas. He received his J.D., with high honors, from The University of Texas at Austin School of Law where he was a member of the Texas Law Review, and his B.A., magna cum laude, from Brigham Young University.