Philip Wolf is counsel in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Mr. Wolf participates in the representation of private equity firms and their portfolio companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Wolf has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its acquisitions of Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P. and NAPA Management Services Corporation
- Aterian Investment Partners and its portfolio company Pioneer Metal Finishing, LLC in the acquisition of Pilkington Metal Finishing LLC
- Avolon Holdings Limited (a subsidiary of Bohai Financial Investment Holding Co., Ltd.) in its $10 billion acquisition of the aircraft leasing business of CIT Group Inc. and Avolon and Bohai Capital in Bohai's sale of a 30% stake in Avolon to ORIX Aviation Systems Limited based on an enterprise value of $23.7 billion
- Berkshire Partners in, together with WCAS and Tetrad Ventures, a minority investment in U.S. Anesthesia Partners, Inc.
- Dex Media, Inc. (n/k/a Thryv) (a portfolio company of Mudrick Capital Management and Paulson & Co.) in its acquisition of YP Holdings LLC
- Flexis Capital and TZP Group in their significant investment in Hylan Datacom & Electrical LLC
- GI Partners in its acquisition of Vast Broadband
- Hayfin Capital Management in, together with EW Healthcare Partners, a $100 million convertible preferred equity investment in MiMedx Group, Inc. and Hayfin, as lender, in the concurrent provision of $75 million term facilities for MiMedx
- Heartland Dental Care, LLC in the sale by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and other existing shareholders of a majority stake in Heartland to KKR & Co.
- Irving Place Capital Management and Agiliti Holdco, Inc. (f/k/a Universal Hospital Services, Inc.) in Agliti’s combination with Federal Street Acquisition Corp. (FSAC), a SPAC sponsored by Thomas H. Lee Partners, in a new holding company formed by FSAC named Agiliti Health, Inc., having an implied enterprise value of approximately $1.74 billion
- MPI Research, Inc. (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners) in its approximately $800 million sale to Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its acquisition of a minority stake in Cole-Parmer (a portfolio company of Golden Gate Capital) and in, together with L Catterton and others, the sale of PetVet Care Centers, LLC
- Snow Phipps Group in, together with PIMCO, the acquisition of Series A Convertible Preferred Stock and warrants to purchase shares of common stock of Velocity Financial, Inc.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. in, together with KKR as investors in a newly formed company, that company's $1.4 billion take-private of PharMerica Corporation
Mr. Wolf received his J.D. from Fordham University School of Law and his B.S. from University of Florida.