Philip Wolf is counsel in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Mr. Wolf participates in the representation of private equity firms and their portfolio companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Wolf has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its acquisitions of Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P. and NAPA Management Services Corporation
- Avolon Holdings Limited (a subsidiary of Bohai Financial Investment Holding Co., Ltd.) in its $10 billion acquisition of the aircraft leasing business of CIT Group Inc. and Avolon and Bohai Capital in Bohai's sale of a 30% stake in Avolon to ORIX Aviation Systems Limited based on an enterprise value of $23.7 billion
- Berkshire Partners in, together with WCAS and Tetrad Ventures, a minority investment in U.S. Anesthesia Partners, Inc.
- Dex Media, Inc. (n/k/a Thryv) (a portfolio company of Mudrick Capital Management and Paulson & Co.) in its acquisition of YP Holdings LLC
- Flexis Capital and TZP Group in their significant investment in Hylan Datacom & Electrical LLC
- Heartland Dental Care, LLC in the sale by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and other existing shareholders of a majority stake in Heartland to KKR & Co.
- Irving Place Capital Management and Agiliti Holdco, Inc. (f/k/a Universal Hospital Services, Inc.) in Agliti’s combination with Federal Street Acquisition Corp. (FSAC), a SPAC sponsored by Thomas H. Lee Partners, in a new holding company formed by FSAC named Agiliti Health, Inc., having an implied enterprise value of approximately $1.74 billion
- MPI Research, Inc. (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners) in its approximately $800 million sale to Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its acquisition of a minority stake in Cole-Parmer (a portfolio company of Golden Gate Capital) and in, together with L Catterton and others, the sale of PetVet Care Centers, LLC
- Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. in, together with KKR as investors in a newly formed company, that company's $1.4 billion take-private of PharMerica Corporation
Mr. Wolf received his J.D. from Fordham University School of Law and his B.S. from University of Florida.