Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Byrne was a Capital Markets and M&A associate at leading law firms in New York and Philadelphia.
Mr. Byrne has played a significant role on the teams advising:
- Eli Lilly and Company in the $1.7 billion initial public offering of its subsidiary Elanco Animal Health Incorporated and Elanco’s related issuance of $2 billion of senior unsecured notes.
- Avolon Holdings Limited (a subsidiary of Bohai Leasing Co. Limited and part of the HNA Group) in its $3 billion senior unsecured notes offering to, in part, finance its acquisition of the aircraft leasing business of CIT Group and three other issuances of senior unsecured notes totaling $2.75 billion.
- Campbell Soup Company in its $5.3 billion senior unsecured fixed and floating rate notes offering to, in part, finance its $6.1 billion acquisition of Snyder’s-Lance, Inc., a manufacturer and marketer of snack food products in the United States.
- Fortress Investment Group LLC, in the $345 million initial public offering of Mosaic Acquisition Corp., a SPAC co-sponsored by Fortress.
- Federal Street Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Thomas H. Lee Partners, the primary focus of which is to acquire and operate a company in the healthcare industry based in North America, in its $460 million initial public offering.
- Black Knight Financial Services, Inc. in its $507 million initial public offering and in over $1 billion of secondary offerings and block trades of common stock.
- Cotiviti Holdings, Inc. (a portfolio company investment of funds affiliated with Advent International) in its $246 million initial public offering, and together with Advent International, as selling shareholder, in over $1 billion secondary offerings of common shares.
- Genworth Financial Inc. in connection with two consent solicitations and general securities matters.
- INC Research (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan) in its $173 million initial public offering.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners, as a selling shareholder, in the $215 million secondary offering of common shares of West Corporation.
- Advent International and Goldman Sachs as selling stockholders in $578 million secondary offering of common stock of TransUnion.
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet Holdings, Inc. and funds affiliated with CCMP Capital, as selling stockholder, in a $358 million block trade of Ollie’s common stock.
- Verizon Communications in financing matters related to its $4.4 billion acquisition of AOL.
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings in its $680 million senior unsecured notes offering to finance its acquisition of Prestige Cruises International (a portfolio company of Apollo Global Management).
- KKR Credit in its proposed loan, restructuring of debt and strategic investment in a distressed American manufacturing company.
- GulfMark Offshore Inc. in capital markets matters related to its financial restructuring plan and emergence from bankruptcy under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Mr. Byrne received his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and his B.A., magna cum laude, from Seton Hall University.