Patrick O'Brien is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in Boston. Patrick participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Patrick has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International in its acquisition of Definitive Healthcare, LLC
- Ardian in its acquisition of a majority stake in Florida Food Products, Inc., in a transaction that valued Florida Food at more than $1 billion
- Charlesbank Capital Partners and its portfolio company Bridges Consumer Healthcare LLC in Bridges' acquisition of Clarion Brands, LLC
- Cherwell Software LLC in its sale to Ivanti, Inc. (a portfolio company of Clearlake Capital and TA Associates)
- Providence Equity Partners and its portfolio company Blackboard Inc. in Blackboard’s sale to Anthology (a portfolio company of Veritas Capital and Leeds Equity Partners)
- PSG in its acquisition of a majority stake in Kenect, LLC; as lead investor in a $100 million Series C funding round for Introhive, Inc.; and Propertybase in its sale to Lone Wolf Technologies (a portfolio company of Stone Point Capital)
Patrick received his J.D. from Boston College Law School and his B.A. from Hofstra University.