Mr. Feeney has experience representing clients in chapter 11 proceedings, asset sales, contested plans of reorganization, and SIPA liquidation proceedings.
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Feeney was an associate in the restructuring group of an international law firm. While in law school, Mr. Feeney served as the Executive Production Editor of the Columbia Journal of Law and the Arts, and worked as a judicial intern in the chambers of the Honorable Victor Marrero, United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York.
Mr. Feeney has been a member of teams advising debtors, creditors, and other interested parties in domestic and international corporate restructurings, liquidations and other matters, including:
- SpeedCast International Limited, and its affiliates, a provider of remote communications and IT services, in their chapter 11 cases.
- 24 Hour Fitness Worldwide Inc. and its debtor-affiliates, a leading fitness club operator with locations across the United States and more than 3 million members, in their chapter 11 cases.
- Gavilan Resources, LLC and its affiliated debtors, an oil and gas exploration and production company, in their chapter 11 cases.
- Ditech Holding Corporation, one of the nation’s largest mortgage servicers, and certain of its affiliated debtors, in their chapter 11 cases.
- An insurance services company and its domestic subsidiaries in their chapter 11 cases.*
- Talen Energy Marketing, LLC and Talen Energy Supply, LLC as second lien lenders in the chapter 11 cases of NorthEast Gas Generation, an owner and operator of electricity generation plants.
- ICBC Standard Bank, prepetition intermediation facility provider to Philadelphia Energy Solutions (PES) Holdings, LLC, in the PES chapter 11 cases.
- Represented a foreign mining company in connection with the chapter 11 cases of certain of its subsidiaries.*
*Prior experience before joining Weil.