Ms. Usukumah has been part of the teams advising:
- Ministry Brands, LLC (at the time a portfolio company of Providence Strategic Growth Partners and Genstar Capital Management) in its acquisition of the Faith Division of The ACTIVE Network Inc.
- The Kroger Company in its $800 million acquisition via tender offer of Roundy’s, Inc.
- Charlotte Russe, Inc. in its pre-IPO restructuring.
- Telstra Corporation Limited in its $270 million acquisition of substantially all of the equity it did not already own of Ooyala, Inc.
- Connolly LLC (n/k/a Cotiviti Holdings, Inc.) (a portfolio company of Advent International Corporation) in its merger with iHealth Technologies, Inc.
- American Capital Ltd. in its sales of American Driveline Systems, Inc. and Specialty Brands of America, Inc.
- Costa, Inc. in its sale to Essilor International SA.
Ms. Usukumah is involved in various civic and pro bono engagements, including acting as general corporate counsel to the executive board of Inner City Weightlifting, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization helping urban youth to reduce crime and promote professional achievement.
Ms. Usukumah received her J.D. from Harvard Law School, where she served on the Harvard Journal for Racial and Ethnic Justice and was a member of the Harvard Association of Law and Business, and her B.A., summa cum laude, from the State University of New York at Stony Brook.