Olivier Jauffret is the head of the banking team in the Paris office of Weil, Gotshal & Manges. His practice involves advising lenders and borrowers across the whole spectrum of “new money” banking products with a particular focus in LBO and take over financings, structured finance, property financings and corporate loans. It also includes restructuring work since the debt market went into restructuring. He is a fully versatile banking lawyer with over 20 year experience advising on the bank debt markets which allows him to respond and adapt to all the changes in the debt market and advise on complex and innovative loan structures.
Recent experience includes:
- Terreal in connection with the refinancing of its existing LBO financing with first lien facilities and second lien bond issuance
- Advising Elsan/CVC on certain structural adjustments to its LBO debt, including repricing, extension of maturity and portability
- Ceva in connection with the refinancing of its existing LBO financing with €2,150m first lien debt and €600 PPIK Bonds
- Sanofi on its acquisition of Ablynx
- Atos on its acquisition of Syntel, Inc.
- JCDecaux Holding on the financing of its acquisition of 15.4% of Eurazeo
- Group CIM-CCMP on the refinancing of its infrascture debt with a €630m 7Y bullet tranche, a 12Y institutional bullet tranche and a €110m RCF
Olivier graduated in 1991 from the University of Aix-en-Provence, he holds a DESS (Magistère in business, tax law and accounting), a DJCE (Diplôme de juriste conseil d’entreprise) and a postgraduate degree (LL.M) from University College London. He is admitted to the Paris Bar. He has been recognized by Chambers and Legal 500 as a leading banking lawyer.
Awards and Recognition, Firm News & Announcements
Awards and Recognition
- Olivier Jauffret Named a "Leading" Lawyer for Banking & Finance: France Award Brief — Chambers Global 2013
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advises Eutelsat on its Combination with OneWeb to Create a Leading Global Satellite Services Provider Deal Brief — July 27, 2022
- Weil Earns High Rankings in MergerLinks 2021 League Tables Firm Announcement — February 28, 2022