- AdColony, a mobile video advertising and monetization platform, in a putative class action in California federal court alleging that the collection of personal information on various smart phone‐based apps violates federal and state privacy laws.
- Alibaba in a putative class action in California federal court alleging that the company has not adopted and reasonably implemented measures to prevent the sale of unauthorized copies of copyrighted works on its e‐commerce platforms.
- Andeavor (now a subsidiary of Marathon Petroleum) in a number of disputes with multi-site operators and franchisees.
- A cloud enterprise resource management system implementer in a breach of contract arbitration.
- PG&E Corporation and Pacific Gas and Electric Company in connection with their chapter 11 cases and related litigation proceedings in California federal court.
- Sears Holdings in various contested trial matters surrounding its chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings in New York federal court.
- Signet Jewelers in a consolidated securities fraud class action in New York federal court concerning alleged sexual harassment allegations that were raised in an employment arbitration, and purportedly lax credit standards.
Mr. Irani is actively engaged in professional and bar organizations and committees in and out of the Firm. Mr. Irani is a member of the ABA’s Class Actions & Derivative Suits Committee and serves as Co-Chair of the Practice Points Subcommittee.
Mr. Irani has earned the Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) and assists with counseling clients on cybersecurity and privacy issues.
Mr. Irani also has an active pro bono practice, including work in collaboration with the Innocence Project and Legal Aid.
Mr. Irani received his B.A. in political science from California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo, and his J.D. from New York University School of Law. During law school, Mr. Irani served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Anthony W. Ishii of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California.