Michaela Schmitt is a senior associate of the litigation department in our Frankfurt office who specializes in restructuring, IT and privacy laws. She has extensive experience in advising clients in cross-border litigation and arbitration procedures.
She has worked on numerous large legal actions in recent years, including advising:
- Large avoidance claims in insolvency cases
- Prevailing areas of IT law (especially regarding e-commerce and internet related legal questions; privacy issues; data retention policies etc.)
- Several corporate litigation matters
- Product liability matters
- Corporate arbitrations
- Multi-jurisdictional legal actions, in particular involving US litigation (including pre-trial discovery, depositions, interim relief etc.
- Non-performing loans transactions
Michaela attended the Universities of Frankfurt am Main and Dresden (first state exam 1998, Doctorate Degree (Dr. Jur.) 2005, second state exam (Law Degree) 2002) and Lausanne (LL.M. in 1999). She was admitted to practice in Germany in 2002.
Michaela is fluent in German, English and French.