Michael Rivkin is an associate in Weil’s Tax Department and is based in New York. Mr. Rivkin participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to the tax aspects of a wide range of corporate transactions.
Mr. Rivkin has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International in its $1.44 billion sale of MORSCO, Inc.
- American Securities in its acquisition of MW Industries, Inc.; its $1.6 billion sale of Royal Adhesives & Sealants, LLC; and its sales of Tekni-Plex, Inc. and Aspen Dental Management Inc.
- Berkshire Partners in its sales of HMT LLC, SRS Distribution Inc. and Torres Unidas
- Boyd Corporation (a portfolio company of Genstar Capital) in its acquisition of Aavid Thermalloy
- Brookfield Property Partners L.P. in its sale of IDI Logistics Realty to Ivanhoé Cambridge Inc.
- CPP Investments as, together with Silver Lake and Mubadala Investment Company, lead investors in the $2.25 billion first external investment round for Waymo LLC
- Dow in its approximately $40 billion spin-off from DowDuPont Inc. as part of DowDuPont's separation into three independent, publicly traded companies, one each for its agriculture, materials science and specialty products businesses
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF) in its redemption of all tracking stock shares of Fidelity National Financial Ventures (FNFV) in exchange for shares of common stock of Cannae Holdings, Inc., following which Cannae became an independent, publicly traded company, and FNF ceased to have a tracking stock structure
- First Data Corporation in its acquisition of Acculynk, Inc.
- Genstar in its acquisition of Truck-Lite Company LLC
- Giant Eagle, Inc. in its acquisition of Ricker Oil Company, Inc.
- Gores Holdings III, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its business combination with Pacific Architects and Engineers, Inc. (PAE) (a portfolio company of Platinum Equity), with an initial enterprise value of approximately $1.55 billion
- Government Brands Holdings, LLC (an indirect portfolio and platform company of Providence Strategic Growth Capital Partners and Greater Sum Ventures) in its acquisitions of Sturgis Web Services Corporation and Value Payment Systems, LLC
- Irving Place Capital in its $415 million sale of Chromalox, Inc. and National Surgical Healthcare in its $760 million sale to Surgery Partners, Inc.
- Leucadia National Corporation (n/k/a Jefferies Financial Group Inc.) in the tax aspects of the $10 billion combination of Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc. and HRG Group Inc. (f/k/a Harbinger Group Inc.) via a reverse stock split of HRG followed by a merger of Spectrum and HRG
- Major League Baseball Players Association in its joint venture with the National Football League Players Association and Redbird Capital that formed OneTeam Partners, LLC
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board in the sale of a substantial minority stake in Flexera Software LLC
- Professional Datasolutions, Inc. (a portfolio company of TA Associates) in its acquisitions of DataMax Consulting and enterprise resource planning (ERP) assets from The Pinnacle Corporation
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority interest in DoubleVerify, Inc.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners, as a minority investor, in the sale of DivvyCloud Corporation and Blue Star Sports (n/k/a Stack Sports) in the sale of a majority stake in Blue Star to Genstar Capital
- Snow Phipps Group in its sale of ZeroChaos, Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners, as selling shareholder of CompuCom Systems, Inc., in CompuCom's $1 billion sale to Office Depot, Inc.
- Velocity Technology Solutions, Inc. (a portfolio company of Silver Lake Sumeru) in its acquisition of Mercury Technology Group, Inc.
Mr. Rivkin received his J.D., summa cum laude, from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law where he was awarded the James Lewis Award for academic achievement in taxation.