His practice focuses on domestic and cross-border private equity transactions, advising private equity sponsors and other institutional investors on leveraged buy outs, joint ventures, co-investments, carve-outs, bolt-ons, restructurings, equity incentivisations and portfolio company matters.
Prior to joining Weil, Michael practiced as a private equity associate at another international law firm and has also spent time on secondment to the Close Brothers Group and ExxonMobil International.
Representative experience as part of team includes advising:
- Advent International, as leader of a consortium, on the consortium's acquisition of Hoist Group
- Advent International on its acquisition of a co-controlling stake in Planet Payment Group
- Sanofi on its acquisition of Kymab
- CVC Capital Partners on the acquisition of RiverStone Europe from Fairfax Financial Holdings
- Montagu Private Equity on its acquisition of the ISI Emerging Markets Group from CITIC Capital Partners