Michael Block is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Block participates in the representation of public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Block has been part of the teams advising:
- Churchill Capital Corp IV, a SPAC sponsored by Churchill Capital Group, in its $11.75 billion take-public merger with Lucid Motors
- Gores Holdings V, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $8.5 billion business combination with Ardagh Metal Packaging S.A.
- Healthcare Merger Corp., a SPAC sponsored principally by Shulman Ventures and MTS Health Partners, in its merger with SOC Telemed in a transaction that implies an initial enterprise value of $720 million
- Magellan Health, Inc. in its $2.2 billion merger with Centene Corporation
- Mortgage Contracting Services LLC (MCS) in its sale to an investor group led by Littlejohn & Co., LLC and Lynstone SSF Holdings Sàrl, funds advised by Neuberger Berman Alternatives Advisers and Crescent Capital Group, via an out-of-court restructuring and recapitalization
- Mudrick Capital Acquisition Corporation, a SPAC sponsored by Mudrick Capital, in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Hycroft Mining Corporation, with an initial enterprise value of approximately $537 million
- Software Luxembourg Holding S.A. in its $1.3 billion merger with and into Churchill Capital Corp II, a SPAC sponsored by the Churchill Capital Group
Mr. Block received his J.D. from University of Michigan Law School and his B.A., cum laude, from University of Pennsylvania.