Megan Briskman is an associate in Weil’s Technology & IP Transactions practice and is based in New York. Ms. Briskman participates in the representation of Firm clients in a variety of matters relating to the licensing, acquisition, development, sale, use and commercial exploitation of intellectual property and technology. Ms. Briskman was previously a member of the Firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice where she participated in advising public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Ms. Briskman has been part of the teams advising:
- Aterian Investment Partners in its acquisition of Stewart Tubular Products, Inc.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and Brookfield Property Partners L.P. (BPY) in BPY's $14.4 billion acquisition of the approximately 66% of common stock that it did not already own of GGP Inc. (f/k/a General Growth Properties Inc.)
- Discovery, Inc. in its joint venture with Magnolia, the home and lifestyle brand led by Chip and Joanna Gaines
- Eli Lilly and Company in its $7.9 billion exchange of its approximately 82% remaining interest in Elanco Animal Health Incorporated for Lilly common shares held by its shareholders
- First Data Corporation in its $750 million acquisition via cash tender offer of CardConnect Corp.
- IMS Health Holdings, Inc. in its $17.6 billion all-stock merger of equals with Quintiles Transnational Holdings Inc.
- The Kroger Company in its joint venture with Lindsay Goldberg to form PearlRock Partners
- L’Oréal USA (a subsidiary of L’Oréal S.A.) in its $1.3 billion acquisition of the CeraVe, AcneFree and AMBI skincare product brands from Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (n/k/a Bausch Health Companies)
- MGM Resorts International in its $1.175 billion sale of the real property of the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City, New Jersey to MGM Growth Properties LLC
- The NORDAM Group, Inc. in its receipt of a minority investment from The Carlyle Group to finance in part NORDAM’s exit from chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- OMERS Private Equity in, together with Harvest Partners, the approximately $1 billion take-private acquisition of Epiq Systems, Inc.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners, as lead investor in a minority investment in Impact Holdings, Inc.
- Signet Jewelers Limited in its $328 million acquisitions of R2Net, Inc. and Segoma Imaging Technologies
- SoftBank Vision Fund, together with Toyota Motor Corporation and DENSO Corporation, in a $1 billion investment in the Advanced Technologies Group of Uber Technologies Inc.
- TCV in the $350 million sale of NewVoiceMedia Limited
- Trive Capital in its $330 million acquisition of EarthLink, LLC and its sale of Southern Towing Company, LLC
Ms. Briskman received her J.D. from New York University School of Law and her B.A., summa cum laude, from Wake Forest University.