Matthew has been part of the teams advising:
- AxiomSL Group, Inc. in the sale of a controlling stake to Thoma Bravo by AxiomSL's founder, TCV and certain other investors
- Berkshire Partners in its majority recapitalization of National Carwash Solutions Inc. (a portfolio company of AEA Investors)
- Culligan International Company (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its sale to BDT Capital Partners, with Advent reinvesting on a minority basis
- Fieldwood Energy LLC in connection with its chapter 11 case and its related $1 billion sale of all deepwater assets and certain shallow water and other assets to QuarterNorth Energy Holding, Inc.
- Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Bilcar FT, LP and Trasimene Capital FT, LP., in its $7.3 billion combination with Alight Solutions LLC
- ICG Strategic Equity, together with Mill Rock Capital, in an investment in The Execu|Search Group (TESG)
- MGM Resorts International in the pending acquisition of MGM Growth Properties LLC by VICI Properties Inc. in a transaction with a total enterprise value of approximately $17.2 billion
- Onyx Centersource in connection with the representation of an ad hoc committee of secured lenders in the out-of-court restructuring of Onyx Centersource
- PSG in its acquisition of a majority stake in Kenect, LLC
- Trebia Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of Trasimene Capital Management and Bridgeport Partners, in its pending $1.4 billion business combination with System1, LLC
Prior to joining Weil, Matthew was an associate at another international law firm.
Matthew received his LL.M. from New York University, his J.D., cum laude, from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law and his B.S. from Colorado State University.