- Thomas H. Lee Partners and its portfolio companies, including in the acquisition of All Systems Holding LLC; the sale of Systems Maintenance Services, Inc., with Summit Partners, to Partners Group; the sale of Ceridian’s U.K., Ireland and Mauritius subsidiaries to SD Worx; the $3.45 billion sale of Comdata, Inc. to FleetCor Technologies, Inc.; the corporate separation of Comdata, Inc. and Ceridian HCM; the acquisition of Dayforce by Ceridian; the $5.3 billion take-private of Ceridian Corp.; the recapitalization of MoneyGram International, Inc.; the sale of an ethanol plant by Hawkeye Energy Holdings; and Intermedix Corporation in its $460 million sale to R1 RCM Inc.
- Berkshire Partners and its portfolio companies, including in the acquisition of the foodservice parts distribution and field service business assets of 3Wire Group Inc.; the sale of Grocery Outlet, Inc. to Hellman & Friedman; the sale of National Vision, Inc. to KKR & Co; the sale of HMT LLC to Tailwind Capital; the recapitalization of Masai Group International GmbH; in a sizable minority investment in U.S. Anesthesia Partners, Inc.; and in its sale of SRS Distribution Inc. to Leonard Green & Partners;
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board (PSP Investments), including in the acquisition of significant timber assets in New Zealand;
- Providence Equity Partners and its portfolio companies, including in the provision of equity to Blackboard Inc. to finance Blackboard's acquisition of Higher One Holdings, Inc.; the acquisition of a significant equity interest in RentPath Inc.; the $1.8 billion take-private of Blackboard Inc.; the approximately $1 billion sale of certain television station assets owned by Newport Television; and the acquisition of ikaSystems Corporation and subsequent recapitalizations;
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its investment in Burning Glass Technologies;
- Partners Group in its sale of a controlling interest in Universal Services of America, LP;
- Advent International and its portfolio companies, including in the acquisition of BOS Solutions Ltd.; the sale of Bradco Supply to ABC Supply Co.; and the acquisition of a majority stake in Bradco Supply Corp.;
- Francisco Partners in its acquisition of Dynamo Software Ltd. and certain other subsidiaries and assets of Dynamo Group. Ltd.;
- CompuCom Systems, Inc. (a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners) in its $1 billion sale to Office Depot, Inc.;
- Magellan Health, Inc. in the acquisitions of The Management Group, LLC and Armed Forces Services Corporation;
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners in the acquisition of Smith System Driver Improvement Institute, Inc.; and
- Various consortium transactions, including the failed take-private acquisition of BCE, Inc. valued at approximately $51.7 billion; and the $12 billion take-private acquisition of Univision Communications Inc.
Mr. Goulding is a member of the Boston Office Hiring Committee and is actively involved in recruiting, training and mentoring programs at Weil, including Project Beacon, a Boston-based firm mentoring initiative.
Mr. Goulding is a board member of the United Way of Massachusetts and Merrimack Valley and is engaged with several other philanthropic organizations, including the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Mr. Goulding served as Editor-in-Chief of the Villanova Law Review.
Mr. Goulding's interests include running, sailing, tennis and backcountry skiing.