Mary Sommers is an associate in Weil’s Tax Department and is based in Dallas. Ms. Sommers participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to the tax aspects of a wide range of corporate transactions.
Ms. Sommers has been part of the teams advising:
- Blue Star Innovation Partners and Providence Strategic Growth Partners in their investment in Payrix Payments Technology, LLC
- Ditech Holding Corporation (f/k/a Walter Investment Management Corp.) in its pending sale of Ditech Financial LLC and its sale of Reverse Mortgage Solutions, Inc.
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc. in its up to $740 million sale of Avera Semiconductor LLC to Marvell Technology Group Ltd.; and its $430 million sale of a semiconductor fabrication plant for the manufacture of 300mm-size wafers used in the production of integrated circuits to ON Semiconductor Corporation
- Picture Head Holdings, LLC (a portfolio company of Trive Capital) in its acquisition of The Farm Post Production Limited
- Snow Phipps Group in the acquisition by its portfolio company, Ideal Tridon Holdings, Inc., of ZSI-Foster, LLC
- Sun Life Financial Inc. in its acquisition of a majority stake in Bentall GreenOak
- Trive Capital in its sale of Valence Surface Technologies, Inc.
Ms. Sommers received her J.D., summa cum laude, from the SMU Dedman School of Law where she was a Hatton W. Sumners Foundation Scholar and valedictorian of her graduating class.