Mary Sommers is an associate in Weil’s Tax Department and is based in Dallas. Ms. Sommers participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to the tax aspects of a wide range of corporate transactions.
Ms. Sommers has been part of the teams advising:
- Apollo Global Management in its acquisition of Lendlease (US) Telecom Holdings LLC (n/k/a Parallel Infrastructure)
- Aquiline Capital Partners in its acquisition of Ontellus
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of CrossFit, Inc.
- Blue Star Innovation Partners and Providence Strategic Growth Partners in their investment in Payrix Payments Technology, LLC
- Ditech Holding Corporation (f/k/a Walter Investment Management Corp.) in its evaluation of strategic alternatives and ultimate $1.1 billion sale of Ditech Financial LLC to New Residential Investment Corp. and $762 million sale of Reverse Mortgage Solutions, Inc. to Mortgage Assets Management, LLC
- EQT Infrastructure in its sale of Synagro Technologies, Inc.
- Front Yard Residential Corporation in its proposed $2.3 billion sale to Amherst Residential, LLC
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc. in its up to $740 million sale of Avera Semiconductor LLC to Marvell Technology Group Ltd.; and its $430 million sale of a semiconductor fabrication plant for the manufacture of 300mm-size wafers used in the production of integrated circuits to ON Semiconductor Corporation
- Gores Holdings IV, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its $16.1 billion business combination with United Wholesale Mortgage, LLC (UWM)
- Jefferson Capital Systems (a portfolio company of J.C. Flowers) in its acquisition of Canastream Holdings Ltd.
- Magellan Health, Inc. in its $850 million sale of Magellan Complete Care to Molina Healthcare, Inc.
- ORIX Capital Partners in the sale by its portfolio company, Hoffman Southwest Corporation, of all of Hoffman's Roto-Rooter franchise operations to Roto-Rooter Services Company
- Picture Head Holdings, LLC (a portfolio company of Trive Capital) in its acquisition of The Farm Post Production Limited
- Snow Phipps Group in the acquisition by its portfolio company, Ideal Tridon Holdings, Inc., of ZSI-Foster, LLC
- SoftBank Group Corp. (SBG) in its agreement to provide $6.5 billion in debt and equity financing to WeWork, to make a $3 billion tender offer to holders of WeWork shares, other than SBG and its affiliates, and in connection with revisions to the WeWork governance structure
- Sun Life Financial Inc. in its acquisition of a majority stake in Bentall GreenOak
- Trive Capital in its sale of Valence Surface Technologies, Inc.
Ms. Sommers received her J.D., summa cum laude, from the SMU Dedman School of Law where she was a Hatton W. Sumners Foundation Scholar and valedictorian of her graduating class.