Mr. Kutilek was a recommended attorney in World Tax 2018 published by International Tax Review.
Mr. Kutilek has been part of the teams advising:
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. in its $21 billion sale to Analog Devices, Inc.
- Sanofi in its approximately $13 billion sale of nearly all of its 20.6% stake in Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. through a registered public offering and related share repurchase by Regeneron.
- J. Crew Group, Inc. and its debtor-affiliates, one of the nation’s premier clothing retailers with approximately $2 billion in funded debt and 13,000 employees, in their pre-arranged chapter 11 cases.
- Emerald Performance Materials LLC (a portfolio company of American Securities) in its $300 million sale of CVC Thermoset Specialties.
- Goldman Sachs International, as Prepetition Secured Lender and Noteholder, in the chapter 11 case of REVA Medical, Inc.
- Goldman Sachs, Citi, Credit Suisse, RBC and Tudor, Pickering, as underwriters, in the $314 million initial public offering of Switchback Energy Acquisition Corporation, a SPAC sponsored by NGP Natural Resources.
- Iron Mountain Incorporated in its $2.4 billion private placement of senior unsecured notes to repay existing indebtedness.
- KIK Custom Products, Inc. (a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners) in its acquisition of Natural Chemistry.
- Mithril Capital Management in, as anchor in a larger financing round, its acquisition of a minority stake in Glance InMobi Pte. Ltd.
- Providence Equity Partners in its growth equity investment in TAIT Towers Inc.
- PSP Investments, as co-investor, in an Onex-led $1.8 billion investment in Convex Group Ltd. and as lead investor in a Series A investment round for Integral Health, Inc.
- Real Capital Analytics, Inc. (a portfolio company of Susquehanna Growth Equity) in its acquisition of Datscha AB.
- SoftBank Vision Fund in its $500 million minority investment in Cambridge Mobile Telematics, Inc.
- syncreon Group Holdings B.V., and its affiliates, in its groundbreaking, cross-border balance sheet restructuring involving approximately $1.1 billion of funded debt, including the chapter 15 case of syncreon Automotive (UK) Ltd. syncreon’s restructuring was completed through an English scheme of arrangement pursuant to the Companies Act 2006 and further involved ancillary processes in the United States and Canada.
- TPG Growth in its preferred stock minority investment in Calm.com, Inc.
- TPG Tech Adjacencies, an affiliate of TPG Capital, in its acquisition of a minority stake in ABC Technologies B.V.
Mr. Kutilek co-authored “Corporate Tax 2020: United States” chapter in International Comparative Legal Guides 2020 and has held webinars and classes on topics related to international taxation both in the United States and abroad, including for the International Fiscal Association, at the University of Michigan Law School and at the Charles University School of Law.
Mr. Kutilek received his J.D., magna cum laude, and as a member of the Order of the Coif, from University of Michigan Law School and his J.D., summa cum laude, from the Charles University in Prague.