Lora Shub is an associate in Weil’s Tax Department and is based in New York. Ms. Shub participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to the tax aspects of a wide range of corporate transactions.
Ms. Shub has been part of the teams advising:
- Blackstone and Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division in their $1.9 billion sale of Ipreo Holdings LLC to IHS Markit Ltd.
- Boston Logic Technology Partners, Inc. (a portfolio and platform company of Providence Strategic Growth Partners) in its acquisition of BoldLeads.com, Inc.
- Brook & Whittle Limited (a portfolio company of Snow Phipps Group) in its acquisition of the Croydon facility (f/k/a Gilbreth Packaging Solutions)
- Centerbridge Partners in the sale of Pei Wei Asian Diner LLC
- Cherwell Software LLC in its sale to Ivanti, Inc. (a portfolio company of Clearlake Capital and TA Associates)
- CommentSold, Inc. in the sale of a majority stake to ZMC Advisors
- CPP Investments in a consortium that also includes Blackstone and GIC, in the consortium’s acquisition of a 55% stake in Thomson Reuters’ Financial & Risk business (n/k/a Refinitiv), valued by the transaction at $20 billion and in, together with Thomson Reuters Corporation, the $27 billion sale of Refinitiv
- Discovery, Inc. in its joint venture with Magnolia, the home and lifestyle brand led by Chip and Joanna Gaines
- Fairway Group Holdings Corporation, the parent company of Fairway Market, a grocery chain in the New York City metropolitan area, in its sales in a chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of five stores and its distribution center to Village Super Market, Inc., of three stores to Bogopa Enterprises (the owner of Food Bazaar), of one store to a Key Food Stores Cooperative Inc. member, and of two real estate leases to Amazon Retail LLC
- Fiera Infrastructure in its investment in Conterra Ultra Broadband Holdings, Inc. and in, together with APG Group, the acquisition of the equity interests not already owned by Fiera in Conterra Ultra Broadband Holdings, Inc.
- Goldman Sachs in its sale of an approximately 30% stake in ProQuest LLC
- The Kroger Company in the $2.15 billion sale of its convenience store business unit to EG Group and in the sale of its Turkey Hill business to Peak Rock Capital
- Major League Baseball Players Association in its joint venture with the National Football League Players Association and Redbird Capital that formed OneTeam Partners, LLC
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP) and TA Associates in the sale of a majority stake in Flexera Software LLC, with OTPP and TA retaining minority stakes
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its acquisition of ThreatConnect, Inc.; in its Series A-1 investment in DivvyCloud Corporation; and in its investment, alongside Silversmith Capital Partners, in Validity, Inc.
- PSP Investments as a participant in a consortium led by TPG Capital, Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe and Humana, Inc., in the consortium's $4.1 billion take-private of Kindred Healthcare, Inc. and the $1.4 billion acquisition of Curo Health Services, LLC
- RentPath, Inc. in its $588 million sale in a chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of substantially all of its assets to CoStar Group, Inc.
- TCV and Banneker Partners in the $425 million sale of IQMS Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in its sale of a majority stake in Juvare, LLC
- Tidewater Inc. in its $1.25 billion combination with GulfMark Offshore, Inc.
- Tower Three Partners in its sale of NTS Communications, Inc.
- Trive Capital in its acquisition of Picture Head Holdings, LLC and subsidiaries
Ms. Shub received her J.D. from Columbia Law School and her B.S. from Barnard College.