Kymberly Thoumaked is an associate in Weil’s Corporate Department and is based in Silicon Valley. Kymberly participates in the representation of public and private companies in a variety of transactional matters, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, equity investments and divestitures.
Kymberly has been part of the teams advising:
- SoftBank Vision Fund in its $2.25 billion minority investment in GM Cruise Holdings LLC (Cruise), alongside a $1.1 billion investment in Cruise by General Motors (GM) and in its $200 million follow-on minority investment in Cruise, as part of a further $1.2 billion investment in Cruise by GM and other institutional investors
- Aleph Capital and Crestview in their investment in Framestore and in Framestore's merger with Company 3 and Method, Inc., following Company 3 and Method’s carve-out from Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc.
- Advent Global Technology (AGT), as lead investor, in a preferred stock funding round for HYPR Corp.
- TCV in its preferred stock investment in and sale of Venafi, Inc.
- TPG Capital in its acquisition of a minority stake in ABC Technologies B.V.
- TPG Global in its investment in Trumid
- TPG Growth, as lead investor, in a $300 million Series C funding round for MX Technologies, Inc.
- Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Truck-Lite Company LLC (n/k/a Clarience Technologies, LLC) and in its $910 million sale of the Global Marine and Mobile business of Power Products Holdings LLC
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. in its $600 million issuance of senior unsecured convertible notes to Silver Lake to finance AMC's repurchase of a portion of its stock held by Dalian Wanda Group Co., AMC's majority owner, and to pay a special dividend
- Getty Images Inc. in a $500 million preferred stock sale to Koch Equity Development
- Silver Lake Sumeru in its sale of ForeFlight, LLC to The Boeing Company
- Guidepost Growth Equity in its majority investment in ThinkHR Corporation
- Valence Surface Technologies, Inc. (a portfolio company of Trive Capital) in its acquisition of Triumph Processing, Inc.
- Mithril Capital in its investments in Glance InMobi, Classy and AppDirect
- Nemera US Holding (a portfolio company of Montagu Private Equity) in its acquisition of Insight Product Development, LLC
Kymberly received her J.D. from Northwestern University School of Law and her B.A. from the University of California.